Who will be the 10th Skier to run 41?

MattP

• Baller

Corey Vaughn secured a place in the history books this weekend being the 9th man to score into 43. Who will be the next and be remembered among the first 10?

1. Jeff Rodgers

2. Andy Mapple

3. Jamie Beauchesne

4. Chris Parrish

5. Will Asher

6. Nate Smith

7. Jon Travers

8. Freddie Winter

9. Corey Vaughn

• Baller

@Edbrazil yes, this is the list of skiers both official and unofficial scores through 41.

Jeff Rodgers - 1997

Andy Mapple - 1998

Ben Favret - 2002 - Boat Path Issue

Jamie Beauchesne - 2003

Chris Parrish - 2005

Will Asher - 2008

*Thomas Degasperi - 2009

Nate Smith - 2010

Jon Travers - 2012

Freddie Winter - 2014

Corey Vaughn - 2015

Jeff Rogers - 55k 2012

Andy Mapple - 55k 2014

*Frederic Halt - 55k 2014

* In a runoff. Does not count as an official score

• Baller
I'm happy to see great ambassadors of the sport knocking down the top passes. Nothing but good news there. I understand boat path being out of tolerance, but don't understand why the "runoff doesn't count rule" exists. What's the thinking there? Skiers getting extra passes? Clouding the winner with possible 2nd-3rd place finishes with higher buoy count? I don't get it. Didn't JB break the world record in a runoff? Just saying, in my book T-Gas is already on the list.

• Baller

@aupatking from various sections of the rule book.

Scores for inclusion in the ranking list cannot be obtained in a run-off of a tie.

Run-offs of ties are used solely to determine placement in an event and are not used for any other purpose such as scoring overall, setting records or inclusion in ranking list.

U.S. skiers may set AWSA records in international tournaments shown to meet the standards of a tournament of Record Capability. Run-offs of ties are used solely for determining placement; therefore, a run-off performance is not eligible for consideration as a record.

Also if there are 3 sanctioned rounds of skiing and the tie is in the 3rd round where would that score go? Just something to think about. Since runoff scores do not go in the books sometimes the approbate judges and cameras are not running at the time of a runoff.

• Baller
Thanks @MattP it's not so much that I don't know or understand the rule. The extra buoys not counting is the way it has to be, its just such a catch 22. You ran the pass or worse, broke a record in a record tournament, but you didn't. You can't count the buoys, so you can't count the pass. It's just ugly. The cameras not running would make sense, but are the gates and boat path not being monitored?