Square One Distribution to Release Mapple T3

Horton

• Baller
It will be interesting to see what will happen to the Mapple brand now. AM was one of the premier ski designers and innovators in ski design. It would be great if someone he worked with at Mapple learned from him and the brand lives on.

• Baller

RadaR should buy the brand and sell it as their off brand like Nike with Air Jordan. I think Mapple skis are something sorcial that with Radar's distribution could be HUGE. If someone told me to buy a ski today it would be another Mapple 6.0.

Plus there's now a complete 41 off on one of their skis, someone needs to jump on that.

• Baller

As the chief designer, and with an understanding no one else in the world had, I've been wondering what the company future will be.

I loved my 6.0 and am on a T2 now that's one of my favorite skis ever.

Who's Square One Distribution? Was the T3 a finished product with Andy?

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2015/Mapple_T3.jpg

Andy Mapple will be remembered as the greatest slalom skier of all time. His legacy also includes his innovative technological ski designs and brand, MappleSkis. The Mapple Design Team will live on with former world record holder and Hall of Fame skier Kris LaPoint remaining true to Andy’s visionary design concepts, as well as his commitment to consultation, coaching and customization. Kris has been instrumental working with Andy on designs since the 1980’s.

Square One Distribution, parent company of Radar Skis, has been the manufacturer of the Mapple 6.0, 6.1, T1 and T2. Andy, with the assistance of Kris, recently completed the design of a new ski mold to be known as the T3. The R&D team, completed by former world record holder, Hall of Famer and current Big Dawg Champion Jeff Rogers, agree that the T3 is their best ski yet. Andy’s excitement about this new shape and his new Mapple Torque Box innovation was overwhelming. The water ski world deserves access to this ski. The Mapple T3 will be released on November 16th in Chapala, Mexico at the World Championships.

Andy would be thrilled with the preservation of his ski designs and the release of the T3. His passion was that every skier would obtain his or her personal best on MappleSkis. Andy’s relentless drive and competitive spirit will live on, through every buoy turned and every record broken. Radar Skis and the entire Mapple Design Team are honored to run the brand with the same excitement that Andy brought to his passion every day.

For information & T3 ordering 407-412-5971

• Baller_
What I liked about Andy and what seperated Mapple skies from others was the personal touch. If you owned a Mapple ski, Andy was 100% accessible for any help..any. He wanted his skiers to have success and seemingly no matter what he had to do to make that happen. I never owned one but know those that do and certainly felt that in testing the ski. You were a Mapple team rider..15 off 30mph or 41 off 36mph. It did not matter what level skier you are. That is the legacy I'd like to see continue. That is what separated his brand from all others. That is the reason most stuck with his skis and that is the business model all the ski companies should strive for. Truly hoping that part of his legacy can continue.

• Administrators

Most of what I know

@RazorRoss3 I am not 100% sure of the ownership at this point but I believe Mapple Skis will be a run like a sister brand to Radar & Ronix. The design efforts will remain independent – mostly KLP and the team skiers will be independent. It will be it's own company.

@aupatking SquareOne is the parent company to Radar and Ronix founded by Herb O’Brien.

@RazorRoss3 SquareOne has been building the Mapple Skis since the brand was founded.

• Baller
Agree with @wish. Andy was extremely accessible. If I emailed or texted him, he responded same day, whether he was in Mexico or in Florida, or wherever he may have been. If KLP can fill that gap, they have a great future. While greater distribution through Radar dealers would be cool, it may dilute their ability to be a niche brand with high touch. Tradeoffs.

• Baller
@Wish I have to disagree in regards to you stating they were the only brand acting in the manner of a more personnel service, If you ride an O'Brien Drew (in the US) and Glen (the UK) are always more than willing to help out with setup regardless of how good a skier you are, same goes with Rini and Radar along with a boat load of other pros on all brands that take it to heart to make THEIR brand work for you...(Brooks & KC with Radar, Nate with D3, Will/Matteo with HO, T Gas with Goode)

• Baller

@horton, I was aware that production was through radar, the ski quality is exceptional. The idea that radar is going to run them as a sister company is awesome.

I'd said this year that I didn't know what I was going to do in a few years for a "next ski" because I thought what I was on wasn't going to exist by that time. Now I'm excited that there may be more options!

• Baller_

@Razorskier1 Yeeeup..

@jayski I rode Obrien for yrs as well as Goode and never knew that. Well, never felt like I could shoot them a text. Or just show up at theirs lake after a quick phone call. Rode Andys for 2 days and it felt like family. Just not the same. He took it to a new level. Bigger may not be better if that personal touch is lost as said above.

• Administrators
What you guys should really be asking is what is the buzz on the T3? All I know is that right after we lost Mapple there was talk that the T3 was clearly a major step forward from the T2.

• Baller

Great news that the Mapple brand is going to live on and the KLP is involved in the design work as he is obviously another legend in the ski design space.

You don't tend to hear as much buzz about the Mapple skis. I would love to hear more about the T3.

• Administrators

@Razorskier1 I hesitate to answer that because I think some details about Mapple have changed since I was given an official update.

The last time someone in authority at SquareOne told me the plan, the older models were not going to be available. That may have changed.

Correction - the T2 may be available

• Baller

This just off Mapple Skis Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mappleskis/posts/553071701513535?fref=nf

Hey Team Mapple have you all heard the news? Andy's best ever and last creation will be manufactured by Radar just like all Andy's previous designs BUT NOW Square One parent company of Radar will be actually selling the ski!!! MappleSkis is no more I'm heart broken to announce ....but I'm so very happy & excited that the hard work that Andy and the rest of Team Mapple put in will be available for purchase beginning at the 2015 Worlds in Mexico in less than a month!!!

With our son, Michael Mapple at the helm of the Nautique 200 and Andy, Kris LaPoint, Jeff Rogers, & Tom Brantley testing the skis I also was able to test one of the first skis ever produced from the new mold! And I LOVED it, as did all the boys! I'm sure you will LOVE it too!

Could I ask you a favor? Would you PLEASE go to MappleSports and LIKE our FB page. I, Deena, would like to keep you up to date on our latest announcements with the lake etc. hopefully coming soon.

***THIS actual FB page will most likely be used by Square One/Radar beginning soon.

• Baller
I have been waiting for this announcement since September! I am very excited that we will all have the opportunity to ski on Andy's best ski yet! He told me in August, "This is the easiest turning ski we have ever made: It will be much more popular than any of our other skis. Andy was really excited about this sk,i as well as the rest of the Team Mapple skiers. I am placing my order for 2 skis tomorrow. I believe the 67" T3 is all that will be available this fall, but Square One does plan to offer other sizes later in the T3. I also think the T1 and T2 skis may be available as special order. I will always be "Skiing for Andy"!

• Baller

@aupatking, my dad is still kicking himself for giving me his 6.0 when he switched but I don't think I'm ever letting mine go unless I find something lights out better.

I'm really excited that they are putting the T3 out, it wouldn't surprise me if they brought the 6.0 back as the entry level with the Tseries as the top level but I think that depends on the future of the brand i.e. Do new skis keep coming.

• Administrators

the Mapple Skis web site still shows that the old skis are for sale. If you really want one I would get it now. I could only speculate on the future of those molds .....

Correction - Jeff Rogers tells me he thinks the T2 will be available

• Baller
@RazorRoss3 Andy used to ski 36MPH on the same length ski as he skied on at 34MPH but he was the GOAT. Conventional wisdom would suggest that a slightly shorter ski would be recommended for 36MPH but people like Nate Smith ski break that rule with awesome success. I guess that it is a matter of style and equipment choice that determines what is best for each skier. Wow, now I am really confused!!!

• Baller
I'm 5'10" 158lbs and have skied on everything from 68" down to the 65.25"T1 that I am riding now. I have been stuck at the same 3 buoys @ -38off on all of these skis for over 15 years. Seems like there is a broad range of ski size that works depending on the setup, ski shape, and flex. I have been tempted to ride my wife's 64"T2, maybe that will help!

• Baller

@Alvin_Neff you still have any "Skiing for Andy" stickers? If so, you mind reposting your email? I'd be proud to have one on my T2. To tell the truth, I'd be proud to have one on an old EP as long as I was out there riding. My mom dropped off a couple boxes of scrap books from all my sports growing up, just the other day. I've never forgotten the first time I met him, but forgot I had these.jt1e7i4zobxa.jpg

Anywhere to find any print (inter web) info on T3 performance characteristics and sizing yet? I really have such a good ski under me in the T2 now, that I'm afraid to go to a T3, but at the very least, I've got to try it. We all know what that leads to. I'll probably need another sticker.

• Baller
And I just bought my Mapple T2 a week ago and I loooovvvvvve my new ski, so incredible from a O'Brien Mapple to a Mapple T2 , what a world. So now a T3 even better ???? Great news because when I bought the T2 I thaught it was it., no more Mapple ski. So I am sharing my happiness with this great news

• Administrators
I spent about 45 minutes on the phone today with Jeff Rogers. He believes the T2 will be available in the future. He also reiterated how excited the entire team is about the T3.

• Baller
Wait, @Horton, are you saying the entire Snapple line will be available? If so, that is amazing and I give my most sincere gratitude to radar/square one because I believe all levels of the Mapple ski brand are exceptional. I personally believe that the 6.0 is magic realized since I can set up 30 feet early to buoy with zero effort and if a make a mistake at any buoy on or off side it doesn't matter because I'll be early to the next. That being said I can't wait to hear the reviews of the T3

• Administrators
@RazorRoss3 well... first I was told it was T3 only. Then Jeff Rogers told me the T2 would be available and then I read on Facebook today the T1 would also be for sale. Frankly I do not think we will all know until the new organization is fully up to speed.