Anyone Else get Chafing From Hardshells?

gregy

• Baller
I started using Reflex about a month ago. Since I've noticed I have spot on the inside of my front leg just about the ankle. I'm using Intuition Aqua liner. I was thinking of trying to look for some thin socks that were good for water or maybe glue some pads on the liner to relieve the pressure point. I not even 100% sure the boots are causing it but I can't think of anything else.

• Baller

It depends on the structure of your foot and ankle. That sounds like a classic case of pronation which you see a lot in snow ski boots. My first thing to try would be to pick up a set of Superfeet footbeds and see if that neutralizes your foot in the shell. My guess without seeing your foot to what is happening is that when you stand on your front foot your foot pronates and the ankle collapses in which causes it to hit the shell. A footbed should help support the foot and minimize the roll.

If you are going to pad you don't want to pad right on the spot you want to pad around it to try and float the hot spot away from the shell.