Geico really needs to rethink their marketing photos.

Wish

• Supporting Member

So huh. I was also thinking "you're fired," but when I showed it to my wife she was like "what?" So maybe it's only the hardest of hard core skiers who are horrified? If the "ordinary" skier identifies with it, perhaps it's targeted correctly!?

I remain horrified, however.

• Members
They should probably change their driving ads to have illegals w/o licenses backing cars into traffic causing accidents. It would fit this strategy and therefore be standardized and yes I have witnessed the above............more than once

• Baller
@Wish I wouldn't be so sure that they need to change it. For some reason their ad got you to talk about and post it on a website about skiing and I think it appeals to their target market the weekend Wally who still has gear from the 90's.

• Baller_

@MattP the weekend Wally from the 80s...interesting target. Petty sure they didn't mean it as a joke either but it's funny. With that add they need all the help they can get. Can only imagine the "skurfer" they have in the wakeboard mag...

uy0ry7y9qrm5.jpg

• Baller
Isn't that the company the funded the development of the Lidar (Laser speeding ticket makers)? Don't they also pull their customers driving records every 6 months trying to find any tickets they can use to raise their premiums?

• Baller_
We all skied like that. Then we got better. Then we joined the AWSA. Then we laughed at what the Wallys pobably won't see till they get better and join cause it's on the back of an AWSA mag. Nope, that was some marketing yuts not paying attention to the readership. But still funny.