Atlanta boat show Wake Tractor. Ski Tractor may be on the way.

oldmanskier

• Baller

I went to Atlanta Georgia boat show yesterday. Only one three event ski boat at show. One Mastercraft pro star. I am sure Ray Crenshaw was the reason that boat was there. Thanks to Ray for still supporting ski boats.

Malibu, Nautique and Centurion all had many Wake/Surf boats of all sizes and colors. But those companies did not have a single tournament ski boat at the show. Very disappointing to me.

A possible positive note: Wake Tractor had several boats there. A very different looking boat with a center drive console and PCM engines.

John Dorton (former head guy at Mastercraft a few years ago) was one of the reps at Wake Tractor booth.

I had met John a few years earlier when I was skiing at Chet’s place.

John is a very nice guy and when I mentioned meeting him at Chet’s he said that they were working on a 3 event Ski Tractor boat.

The Ski Tractor would not be a center Drive console and be somewhat more traditional. They were designing it to be a 3 event tournament boat.

From my understanding they would have a model that is bare bones for skiing. Boat, engine, Zero off and whatever is needed to be a safe bare bones ski boat.

I hope John and company can pull it off. I look forward to seeing the new Ski Tractor in the future.

As for Malibu, Nautique and Centurion I would think they could at least make sure one Tournament ski boat from there companies was represented at a large boat show like Atlanta.

Oh well, just shows I am old slalom skier longing for the 80’s and 90’s heydays of water skiing.

Oldmanskier

• Baller
It would be nice to have more 3 Event boats at the shows but when you think about how much it costs for each dealer to attend a boat show and the limited floor space, plus where they make most of their profits...... it's understandable.

• Baller

Bummer I didn't even realize Atlanta had a boat show this weekend. I probably would've gone but sounds like I only would've seen 2 boats I was interested in so maybe it's best I didn't know.

I like wakeboarding and pull a lot of wakeboarders myself but the prices of wakeboarding boats continuously makes me think the same thing...

fsp3laqe9v4u.jpg

• Baller
No ski boats at the Portland boat show. Two 200k plus boats, Malibu m235 and the nautique g25. One highlight was Stancraft, who just bought the local mastercraft dealership, brought a gorgeous wooden boat. That was only 335k.

• Baller
Agree with@Spuddy. There were lots of wakeboard and wake surf boats though. Judging by the large number of sold signs there must be a lot of inheritances rolling in these days! I'm guessing that people want to buy before the full impact of the weakening Canadian dollar takes effect. I also believe that the aroma of new fibreglass is addictive and overrides all logic and reason.

• Baller
It's crazy, to me, at 100k for 20 years, you'd basically have a 2006 Ski Nautique that you owe $60,000 on today, and could sell for what? Mid to low 20's? Unsustainable, is a good word, stupid, crazy, screwed...... Just other words I associate with a $100,000 Ski boat.

• Baller
I did get a chance to talk with the wake tractor factory rep this past weekend. The current WT-1 is bare bones surf boat and designed to get people on the water at an affordable price. The next version WT-2(?) is scheduled to be released this year and will be configured like a "normal" wake boat. The ski tractor is still in final development and hopefully will be available in the next year. They are taking their time and not rushing to get a product out before it is ready. I am told it might be only available from the factory made to order which is fine with me. I think the price point is great, if the wakes are as good as I am hearing I think it might become a training boat for many people.

• Administrators
@block I talked to John Dorton a few months back and he told me the WakeTractor & SkiTractor would not be Bryant products. They would be some other brand. Not sure if that is just semantics or not...

• Baller
@Horton "HeyDay Inboards" is the company name being built in the Bryant Factory. They secured a non compete contract and created a fully separate company. They are turning out boats and are starting to ramp up production to get more boats down the line in a day. The product is not officially launching until February I believe and their dealer network is being setup across the country.

• Baller

Another note: anyone see a DD/V-Drive Dealer selling these? My guess is these companies have a no-no clause in the dealer agreement.

No dealer at the Minneapolis Boat Show. The local Bryant dealer said no thanks.