RADAR 2016 VAPOR BOA INSIDE-OUT GLOVE

Horton

• Baller
Thanks for sharing @horton Radar is always working on something innovative. How I did not come up with flipping those annoying stitches to the outside is beyond me. I'm really looking forward to trying these out this spring!

• Baller

This seems like a great idea. @Horton how do you think the gloves run from a sizing perspective? We don't have local pro shops

On a different note how cold can it really be? You are wearing short sleeves and we can't see your breath.

• Administrators
@Chef23 I had heard that they run a tiny bit small but I think they are perfect. I wear a med in all brands and these fit great. I can't speak for the other sizes.

• Baller

@dchristman I don't have much to compare them to. Been using Large 41tail for the last few years. The fingers on the 41tails were a little short but these are even a little shorter. I'm still using them so far they haven't stretched much. Been using them once or twice a week for since after Thanksgiving. I bought some Large D3 enzo last summer which fit my finger perfectly but were bunching up at the base of my palm and causing blisters. I'm 6'2" and 175LB I have problems with finding stuff that fits. Shirt sleeves are always too short. 13B foot, I don't just go out and buy shoes.

Another positive is the boa have a coating similar to the Camaro blacktec. They keep my hands plenty warm. They're very sticky. I'd like to try some XL boa but my experience has been that XL gloves get to loose after a few weeks.

• Baller

1. That is really cool. I can't wait to check those out at my local shop.

2. The out-takes at the end had me laughing out loud. Good stuff.

3. Sure hope we see a return of the "Gear Reviews" that includes water skis soon! I miss that (I know it was due to injury - hope that you are 100 again).

• Administrators
@KRoundy I will review as much gear as possible this year. With a tiny bit of luck the videos will get better and there will be more of them.

So what is the verdict on the inside out gloves? I'm looking at the women's glove. I've been rubbing a blister on my left index finger with my HO Kevlar gloves and need to change! Not many choices in women's gloves, and men's are too short in the fingers and too wide for me.

• Baller

@mopowpow it is very personal. I never had a single blister with HO41. This season using Ins-out and have second shift of nasty blisters on the same places. Know people with directly opposite experience.

Not many choices in women's gloves, and men's are too short in the fingers and too wide for me.

You may have a good chance with Radar BOA gloves - my pair is narrow for my hand with fingers longer than I need ))

• Baller

@mopowpow My wife is on her second pair of the Radar Bliss inside-out. Loves them, her favorite glove ever. She does use a very thin neoprene palm pad from Wileys (they stamp them) and no hand issues. Comfortable, great grip, seem durable. She tried the Lady 41tails, the Miami Nautique and some others. These just work for here, no compromise with them. Men's gloves don't fit her. She has long, slender hands and fingers.

I still use red 41Tails with kevlar liners. Just works for me. Great fit, never moves or bunches up, durable, easy on hands. Have a pair of the blue Boa inside-out which are quite nice but still move a little and bunch a little. Inside seems a little slick. Not enough room for me to fit liners in and I end up cranking the Boa down so hard my hands hurt. Just going to stick with the 41Tails till can't get them any more.

@BRY, glad to hear your wife likes the Radar Bliss, it's hard to get any input on women's gear. I also have been using the palm protectors this season. I've used Underware glove lines for years, and think the switch to palm protectors has caused this blister.

• Baller

Yes, L for both, however, used thin Kevlar liners with ML-Cs and they were snug.

The L BOAs (no liners) were snug initially but break-in after a few sets. Have not needed liners (would need XL if so), but crank them down tight across the palm.

I.e., if your L ML C's are snug without liners, might be best to get XL BOAs.

• Baller
I tried Radar Boa Inside-Out Glove for a few sets and got a blister. I switched back to my worn out Masterline Master Curves gloves while I wait for more to come back into stock. The boa was great; glove just didn’t fit. Great customer service from Performance!

@OldboyII, I used Kevlar glove liners from Underware. I think some of the ski glove companies also make them, but not sure if they are Kevlar. I've used some in the past that weren't, and they didn't work as well. I think I bought my last pair at Tommy's in Denver. I've also bought them online through motorcycle websites. I swear by them, they prevent me from getting blisters on my palms. But it looks like they were also keeping me from blisters on the side of my finger. I had to switch to Neo Palm protectors this summer due to Dupytrens Contractures. This gives me hard lumps in my palms which really hurt when grabbing a handle. Looks like it might be time for surgery again this fall....

• Baller

@mopowpow thanks for comment.

Why don't you use clincher style gloves before you will decide surgery?

If clinchers fit and properly used they transfer the most ol load from fingers to wrist area.

If you let clinchers work - it is like like a miracle, just do not grab handle as hard as usual, relax fingers, let the dovel work as a hook.