Vapor Boot Stiffeners. In or out?

UWSkier

• Baller

Since it's frigid and snowing again here in the Midwest, I figured I'd geek out on getting some gear ready to go for next month (hopefully) when the ice goes out. For you guys who run Vapor Boots, any best practices regarding the stiffener shims? Run them on both sides, insides only, outsides only, or is this a YMMV thing based on an individual's tendency to pronate or supinate?

For reference, I'm coming off Animals.

• Baller
I've been skiing on these bindings since they were introduced as the RS1 series. I got the newest version this year and left the stiffeners in and literally could not run a pass, they make that much difference. I was able to run a pass on the fourth attempt, but decided to remove them until after the Winter is over. Coming from Animals, I'd start with no stiffeners and after you get used the system, try them first in the front boot. If you like that and after you're fully used to it that way, then try adding them to the rear binding. I'm going to do the same progression, but for now they feel just like my previous bindings which did not have the inserts available. I suspect more control is available with them in at least the front binding, but it's a big change, so you need time to adjust to the new level of edge sensitivity.

• Baller

Several of us with Vapor boots had the same problem. The inserts radically change the

dynamics such that easy passes without inserts were much harder with. We started without the inserts on the first models, so if your new to the boots difference may be much less.

• Baller
Okay have to eat some idiot pie did all the above spacing checks with no issue found ?? Thought I better check my fin just in case and guess what dtf gone from 0.735 to 0.723 how who knows Back to Rini numbers and we no longer have tip rise eureka :)