Michigan is trying to legislate stupid

sixball

Early mornings only. Not had it up past 11am ever.

The best thing about LBV is that people living there respect our early skiing times. No other boats (occassional fishing boat) come out on weekends until around 10:30-11am. It's highly appreciated.

We have a course on our "semi-private" lake that we typically leave in. We used to pull it every Friday night and put it back in on Sunday nights. However, since there's only been 2 times in the last 12 years that I've seen a cop on the water, we've been leaving the course in with the exception of holiday weekends. The only time I've ever seen the DNR out there is during the winter issuing tickets for people ice fishing without licenses. Our course has been on the lake for 20+ years, so most residents know about it and respect it. There are a few occasions where someone who's been over served has messed with it, but I can count on one hand how often that's happened.

• Baller_

@burdhntr, I am in Lansing. While there are no courses here, I do belong to a club with a private site about 40 miles away. I've been skiing already. It's a great arrangement.

I try to keep tabs on what is available, in case there is something closer. Also, I am frequently asked what is available in Michigan. I just received an inquiry recently from someone considering a move to Grand Rapids. I also know others looking for private water.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

@Edbrazil, no it doesn't. During those tour dates, it was a ski school. I took my first slalom course lessons there around 1991 or 1992. The school closed and the site was leased to a ski club for a number of years. Eventually, the site owners decided not to lease to the club and it now sits unused - a real shame. I believe the club was out of there about 5 years ago or so.

ESPN covered tournaments here in 1990 and we got some good crowds. Here is some video of that (Kjellander's first semifinal pass is wild). Note the crowds on both sides of the lake when the boat video is running. Sorry about the lack of good audio.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.