Freddy Winter & MC

ozski

• Baller

In the flesh the MC is a work of art, at least the ones that I have seen are. Freddy is getting the job done and still we don't see much discussion here about the MC (on form almost the best ski in the world right now), how many people here have been on one and how well do they ski?

STORY

Five years ago, after competing on the World Cup and the Pro Tour, we decided to create a new brand of waterskis.

The goal from day one was to create and build the most advanced and highest quality slalom ski on the planet. We focused on three features: quality, performance, and stability.

To achieve this goal, we started collaborations with an aeronautic composite factory and with companies in the biking industry.

We started from the ground up, designing a water ski, deciding that cost would not be a factor. By using the same technology and material used in carbon race wheels, we created the lightest, strongest and highest performing carbon slalom ski on the market.

• Baller

@ozski I bought an MC ski a month ago, I've been travelling a lot so I have not been on it as much as I'd like to.

The ski itself is a pice of art in the looks department, and you see the quality of craftsmanship. I had the opportunity to test it at MC's lake in Orlando with Boris Laval (great guy) and have him pull me for a set. He took the time to explain all about the ski and set it up for me, with my front binding (OB4) and got me a RTP with a universal plate (I was using an HO direct connect).

The ski is incredibly fast and stable and easy to turn, it is very different from any other skis I had tried, but my opinion is jaded. on the second day I changed my rear binding to an R-style (the RTP with a universal plate has a height difference of about 1cm with the OB4 and I compensated with the HO).

I've had about eight sets on a new ski with a new rear binding so the change was quite drastic, but immediately my form got better and was earlier at the buoys. The last two sets finally I started really getting comfortable on it and I love it.

My previous ski was a V-Type and i have skied on a Connelly Prophecy, Raptor, Helix H2, Goode Flextail and Goode Nano One XT, out of these the most similar ride was the Nano One XT but forme the MC was and is my weapon of choice.

• Administrators
I have only ever seen 2 or three of them but everyone I know that has skied on it is freak'n pumped. I am never sure if the ski is super pretty or if I am just distracted by Manon's loveliness : )

I've got one. Boris laid up a softer ski for me as I'm a intermediate skiier at best. Coming from a a Goode 9900 mid which I was struggling with on toe side (to say the least), it was like night and day. All stock settings with Wiley's boot and rtp. Have not found an area where the ski is holding me back, love it! I've had to look after the fin settings as they tend to drift more so than with the Goode, but that's not a deal killer.

• Administrators

@supersonicus over Hamilton? Yes. Yes I do. Anyone who can crash into Vettel that many times in one one lap is talented.

It is hard to watch but I am a Kimi fan first and an Alonso fan second. If the guys at McLaren Honda could get their heads out of there asses and give Fernando a car that he does not have to pedal around like the Flinstone mobile I would be much happier.

Rosburg is a sniveling baby but if he can make Hamilton miserable I will cheer for him. Every point Rosburg gains on Hamilton hurts @FWinter and makes me smile.

Are we off topic? No this is all about @FWinter and how sad he was last Sunday when his hero Hamilton crashed into Rosberg.

• Administrators
@supersonicus I was a @FWinter supporter until I found out about his obsession with Hamilton. I heard a rumor the he has the number 44 tattooed on his butt. Tell me that is not creepy.

• Elite Skier

@303Skier Mo snapped ski in the crash, just a pretty useful velcro Powershell release. Still riding the same ski which I'm happy about as it's the best ski I've used yet (as predictable as that is for me to say but honestly, it's bloody good). It's my first 2016 model and I love it.

@supersonicus Yes, a British thing. Though Hamilton isn't in my top, top British sports stars like Andy Murray and Phil 'The Power' Taylor, he's a goodun and the guy I support on the track.

@Horton Thanks for you unwavering support despite your love of no-hope F1 drivers. Much appreciated.

• Administrators

@FWinter current standings.... your boy is in third

1 Nico Rosberg 100

2 Kimi Raikkonen 61

3 Lewis Hamilton 57

4 Sebastian Vettel 48

5 Daniel Ricciardo 48

• Baller

I know we are still off topic but Toto Wolff at Mercedes just said Alonzo could replace Rosberg if they can't negotiate his contract.

@Horton How will it feel to have Alonzo and hamilton as teammates.

I'm with you. Hamilton is a complete D Bag.

• Elite Skier

@Horton May I refer you to Hamiltons debut 2007 season when he and Alonso, the reigning world champ, were in the same team. Hamilton came 2nd to Alonso's 3rd in the drivers championships with a superior finish record. Alonso couldn't take the heat so he fled McLaren the following season in which Hamilton won.

@ozski Murray is the man either way!

• Baller

@horton I heard the butt tattoo was a pair of 22's with a plus sign in the middle. Covers both British drivers that way. @FWinter wouldn't leave JB out. That's all vicious rumor by the way(the best kind) and has no proof behind it. No matter how you slice it Alonso not getting it done. Unfortunately, the lack of power he suffers from now is due to his inability to stay in the right place at the right time. Hard for me to say as Mclaren F1 was a client in the late 90's and early 2000's so I like to see them do well.

Back to the MC. Please don't buy it. The last thing I want is for this group to start talking about big scores on their new MC's. I want to start skiing again and would hate if any of you made it tougher to move back up the list. Plus, every time I get on the forum lately I'm reminded of that old Thomas Dolby song and smile a bit. That's way better than hearing about your new pb's.