question re: practice at midwest regionals and nationals

WBLskier

• Baller
My daughter (G1) is going to be skiing at the Midwest regionals and also at nationals this year. We've never skied either before. I paid for a practice set at nationals when I registered her. There wasn't an option to do that for regionals. We arrive mid-day the day prior to her skiing for both tournaments. It sounds like there is maybe a sign up sheet for getting a practice set in after the tournament ends each day that you need to sign in person to get in line. I'm hoping we've left enough time to make the list and get her a set the day before she skis. Does anyone have any insight about how this works and what if anything we can try to do to get he on the water for a little practice? Thanks.

• Baller

@WBLskier sounds like we're in the same situation.

Regarding Regionals, I have no intel - other than I found it difficult to get a practice set in on a 2 lake setup (e.g. Wilmington).

Regarding Nationals, I send an email to Deb Stiller and this is what I received in return.

We have a designated practice lake that will be going all day, every day with slalom and tricks. Then on both tournament lakes, we will have practice at the end of the tournament each day and will go until dark, which is close to 9 pm. We will have jump practice on the west lake each evening (or as soon as that lake is finished for the day).

I'm not sure where the practice lake is in relation to the tournament site. I plan on getting there mid-afternoon Wednesday.

• Baller

Here's what I got from Mystic regarding practice at Midwest Regionals. (essentially exactly what @lottawatta just said...)

Practice sets are $20 apiece.

• 4 slalom passes (or two falls)

• 3 jumps

• 2 trick passes

Purchase practice tickets at Registration. You must have a ticket to get on the official list. The list will not carry over to the next day. Refunds will be given if we run out of daylight and if you return your ticket to Registration. You are limited to 2 events/person/day. You are allowed to sign up only immediate family members.

Thursday: Practice will begin approximately 10:00 am as the boat testing is completed and will end at 9:00 pm. The sign up list will be at the docks (north dock—trick and jump; south dock—slalom only). The list will not carry over to the next day.

Friday: Practice will begin shortly after the last event and end at 9:00 pm. Sign up for practice will begin at noon at registration.

Saturday: No practice

• Baller
Normally I agree with you jwroblew, but we are heading out there Saturday morning for a trip and I don't ski till Friday. I don't normally like to try and practice due to the hassle of it, but in this case I probably will. Glad it sounds like they have a plan.

• Baller

If anyone runs into a pinch on time. I live a few miles south of mystic lakes and I can pull some people on my lake wind permitting on Thursday or Friday.

Surveyed course with nautique 200

Water feels the same as at mystic.

Just PM me