sunvalleylaw vid. For advice as I try to improve.

• Baller

In a couple other threads where I was asking about technique stuff, the suggestion was made by more than one to post some vid. (See for example HERE

So here it is. On the first vid, from last summer, I was on my current ski, a 68" 2008 D3 Nomad RC, behind my old boat at Redfish Lake in Idaho. You can see it was a bit windy, and I was fighting slack down wind a bit. Rocking my sweet 80's wetsuit in this one.

The second vid was from a couple days ago on my brother's 67" D3 Nomad, circa I think 2005, behind my mom's boat at Hood Canal in puget sound on salt water. I had the day before ripped my front boot apart while skiing. It will have to be rebuilt. In both vids the speed was probably around 32 as those boats don't pull any faster. In the second vid, I was pretty tired, and a bit hung over.

In a few days I will have a Malibu Response LX and will be hoping to take it to the next level. Am looking at getting a Quest, probably a 67. So, advice away please. :) I see myself that I need to be more patient and let the ski come back to the rope before reaching for it.

• Baller

Also, after I pick up my boat and get it home, I will start skiing here as much as I can. Magic Res., which is about 20 min from my house and has a course that I can use. Hoping my son that wants to ski more will go with me in the evenings or mornings a couple times a week.

xoxl3wmzpmpo.jpg

• Baller

looks pretty good you just need to work on getting over the ski more. When you pull out to glide you want to stand tall more stacked with ankles flex and hips forward. Also on the good side you rocking back on the ski causing the turn to be delayed and not enough angle. Offside looks good but you'll need to work on letting the ski finish the turn.

If you haven't skied in a course before its going to be an eye opener. Your gonna love that RLx.

• Baller

@gregy thanks. So, over the ski more overall? Or more discipline in not rocking back (particularly on my 1,3,5 or strong side)? or both? and yes, patience and letting the ski finish. Hoping going full time to the correct sized ski (67") can help. and will attempt more ankle flexion, particularly front ankle if possible. Stacked is good, but stacked from the right place over the ski is also better I would think. Hoping also having the RLx will help develop more consistency with correct speed, not slowing the boat down (which happens a LOT at Redfish behind a 4 cylinder carbed outboard at 7000'.

I have skied the course on and off over the years, but mostly behind old outboards, and not consistently. Even then I tend to lose some form in the course. What little form I have. Will obviously be a project.

Again, hoping getting proper stack and speed will help the turn/edge change seem more natural with better swing, and then I can use that to develop patience.

• Baller

I don't know if you have skied behind an inboard before, but if you are used to outboards it will be quite a change. You won't get away with breaking at the waist or having a bad stack.

The wake will be way better though and once you get used to it you will never want to ski behind an outboard again!

• Baller

Yes I have skied behind inboards. Sometimes in the course. But never owned one and have not skied behind one consistently.

I am sure it will be a good learning process and that the consistency will help. Our new boat has a speed control system that works similarly to the old perfect pass.