Reflex SuperShell 2.0

Horton

@lcgordon well, that's not possible even if someone could see something because it is not available to buy yet. Let's wait. I tried the supershell 1.0 and returned it after a couple of hard crashes during the same set.

• Baller
@Horton It was more of a joke but still did not realize they were not waiting to launch it. It clearly states at the end of the add available on the website so I got excited to check it out and nothing is there. They could have said launching at nationals or something. Not everybody is up on everything current. I was just excited to see the new boot design.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan - have to disagree with you just a tad. It shows a cool beating heart gif, ECG rhythm strips, the 4th of which with such ST segment elevation might be indicative of an impending MI, the 5th strip perhaps V-fib.

Not to mention the speedometer exceeding 200+ mph.

Who knows, maybe this new binding system is a heart-attack on the water waiting to happen; any adrenaline rush is good. :)

• Baller

@rico - I completely agree.

Particularly I like the fact that at-least in appearance Reflex is manufacturing a shell for the product instead of coapting 1990's rollerblade boots.

The one feature it seems like none of the manufacturers have dialed in yet is a cant adjustment either built into the plate, the boot, or even just the cuff.

Would seem like the easiest way to pull this off is to have a cuff which the pivot bolt sits into a toothed track (like mikrojust plate) you could then move the angle joint axis up/down on the medial/lateral side of the boot and generate a canted cuff.

We see the adaptation of the base of the shell to attempt to lock it to the plate - why not allow the cuff to be aligned neutrally on the boot?

• Baller
Connelly pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the #iskiconnelly promotion. A good example of clever marketing and leverage of social media.. If I had to hand over the folding stuff for this video... well. Things that make you go hmmmmm

I think we are overreacting here. Let's wait and see if the product is good or not. If it is we will for sure buy it, if not then not. Who cares about the marketing campaign? These are small waterski equipment companies focused on their product, it is not as if they had an army of marketeers behind.

At least that's the way I see it. Boycotting the site because we don't agree with a marketing campaign? Come on!

• Baller

Only thing they did wrong is lack of actual hook. Companies do this all the time only they have just enough sneak peek to make you speculate about what it will be. A detail photo of something weird or what not.

Mostly here it's a click on click off.

• Baller

Super Shell 2.0

Introducing the Reflex SuperShell 2.0 The 2017 SuperShell is designed for increased performance on the water and around the buoys. The new hardshell water ski binding has even a more secure feeling on the ski and new additions of a binding draining system, new alloy buckles, and easier integration with the popular R-style rear binding and more! The shell is slightly larger for more comfort on the feet.

http://reflexwaterskiusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Reflex-SuperShell-2.0-G10.jpg

• Baller

The vid says reinforced heelcup! i got the new one as replacement for my supershell but the front edges of the heelcup doesn't even touch my binding neither does the build up under the shell do so its no extra support of the shell (there is no chance the new heelcup gonna break cos im not in contact with it) it so much "lagg" on my offside so i must solve this by mounting an angle iron with adjuster knobs to push/hold the inside sidewalls of the shell to achieve an laggfree offside its lagg on the onside as well but not so much, i hope they changed this on the new one @Wish not sure but maybe the purpose of the cap is to replace things like this on the bars dj77kwlmlsia.bmp

• Baller

@BraceMaker yes its lagg there too but solved that with rehab tejp but the lagg further back is still remain gonna fix that with an angle iron thingy, haven't seen the new heelcup 2.0 on the inside but cant imagine they have changed so much that it gonna solve the lagg or the weak inside of the shell, some people maybe like it but i dont, i bought it to get more edge control.

• Baller

Just speculating but the toe cap likely extends aft and under the toe of the shell (not seen in pic) to create more "connection" with the plate. This may enhance tip pressure as well as "edge control".

It's an easier fix than reshaping the shells which are not initially designed for slalom ski use.

• Baller
@OB1 I think for the most part Radar and HO were both sold out of their boots for this year. I was trying to get boots from both to test on the MOB release system.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller