Trent Finlayson is back on Radar.

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/Trent_Welcome_Home.png

Radar Skis is a family, a family that started small. Trent Finlayson was part of the iconic crew that built Radar into what it is today and at this moment we could not be more excited to welcome Trent back to Radar Skis with open arms.

Trent is a unique player in the game of slalom, he has embraced every aspect of skiing; he’s a pro, a coach, a visionary and a leader. He is the co-holder of the Men’s Canadian National Slalom Record and still knows how to find his way through the pack at the toughest of pro events. Trent has also embraced the life of a coach, knowing that his skills can be translated easily to make other skiers better has become his forte. His way of making the difficult nature of skiing easy to understand and implement has placed Trent on the shortlist of elite coaches. One of the best things about Trent is his passion for the sport. Every day he is out on the water not only thinking about but also doing what it takes to grow skiing and is an incredible ambassador for water skiing in the world.

Trent joins a stacked team at Radar and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have him home. Follow Trent on Instagram @trentfinlayson to follow his moves and link up with him for coaching. #radarnation is out here, come ski with us.

• Baller

Trent has an unusual distinction: next skier on the starting dock at Dousman, WI 2005,

right after the adjusto SL course was discovered. He didn't ski right away, and the course

was back to 'normal' when he went out.

I've always wondered what some of the top skiers could do with the skier buoys narrowed

by 2 1/2 feet on each side. ?Two-handing 43 off?

• Baller
Just a great guy and more importantly a skier who can coach. I've taken lessons from a variety of coaches over the years and hands down Trent seems to have the best communication skills. Some coaches can only say one thing one way - and you either get it or you don't. If Trent sees that you don't understand he'll re-phrase the question until you understand his point.

• Baller
Let's not forget that Trent is also one of the best writers in the slalom industry. Always clear and insightful, Trent's ongoing contributions to Waterski Magazine often tackle challenging topics with an accessible style that's enlightening to students of the sport at all levels.

• Baller

If someone is interested, the Jim Michaels subject has been pretty much beaten to death. If

you want to search, there is a search box in the upper right corner of this board. Also, there is

a Search function on the Ski Fly Message board, with at least 3 separate threads from several

years back.

• Baller
Between his accessibility, just as a person who will talk to you like an old friend at a tournament, and Radar's great service, I'm excited he's back with their team. I'm hoping to see him running some PB's on that new Vapor and hanging out on podiums.

• Baller
Trent is TOP NOTCH! After a clinic south of Houston early in the year, he initiated the process of getting my Alloy Vapor replaced/warrantied. A couple of days later at work my cell phone rings. It's Trent, just following up to see how things are going with the process and simply being a good guy. Now folks, lets remember I am 100% a newbie, HORRIBLE skier yet it was still important enough to him to provide this level of support/service! I'll be back in Texas next year taking lessons again if he's there. I can't say enough good things about this guy!

• Industry Professional

Man, humbled…Thanks Ballers. Couldn't be happier to realign with RadaR. I was fortunate enough to be a part of the founding crew back in 06; it's where my career began, and it's where it will end. Sully put the wheels in motion earlier this summer, and it really feels like coming home. Looking forward to 2017.

TF

• Baller

I try to get Trent over a couple times a year and we have always had successful clinics during his visits.

Keep your eyes on the board because I always put it out there for all you freaks to come take a lesson/set or two with him when he's here.

Speaking of which dude................we should chat about a fall clinic soon! :)

• Baller
i automatically archive any instructional written by trent f and study it a closely as possible. several technique points he's written about have turned out to be well ahead of their time before they entered the ' popular consciousness ' and have always been helpful to my progression and understanding in the sport.