D3 ARC vs. Radar Vapor

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

Been a Denny Kidder made ski guy since I was a teen, so really leaning ARC. But, just seeing what people think. I may have the chance to try both back to back, if things work out in the next few weeks. Maybe. Of course that would be best. But, fun to ask anyway. Anyone been on both?

Based on talking to a couple reps, blue is most probably my flavor of ARC.

I tried the Vapor and ended up staying with my D3. I thought the Vapor was faster behind the boat but i could never get my turns consistent. I've been a long time D3 fan but have tried various skies along the way and always come back to D3. I'm currently on the Blue ARC. The only weak spot for me on that ski is the on-side. I have to be alittle more patient with it. The off-side is automatic no matter what i do. I'm a 34 mph skier.

• Baller

I am definitely with the try if you can before you buy skiers.

I don't want to confuse you, but I tried an ARC [blue] and a 2016 Radar Lithium Vapor - coming off an older D3 Fusion. I ended up with the with the Omni Syndicate [a gift - see elsewhere on BoS]. My performance improved significantly and now I am a 34 mph skier. The extra width help without any apparent [to me anyway] decrease in performance.

Good luck whichever way you go.

• Baller

Both fantastic skis. I have run the same ball counts on all, the yellow arc, and the17 and 18 Vapors. They all carry speed through the turn well. The 18 Vapor took me more time to get set up but once I got it, it has been my choice, bar none. Offside is automatic and fast. The Vapor, especially the 18 stays tip down better than any ski I’ve ridden, which, I think, is its key to speed.

You can’t go wrong with any of them

• Baller
Thanks All. Demo would be best, but I’m looking used, which makes that a bit trickier. I was solid radar then solid d3, now leaning back to radar. I’ve been on a sixam 2 Point and had no issues. I think both are good skis and I’ll just adjust to either and ski.