Coach this video of my wife skiing

First skier is my wife on a 65" HO CX Couture, after complaints about the ski from her and @Bill22 I moved the rear toe plate back and put her wing back on.(They took it off in Acapulco) She was much happier with the ski and will ride it a few more times to see if she wants to change anything else. Maybe move front binding back. Second skier is me, I feel like I'm doing alot of things right but some important things wrong. We mostly free ski but love the challenge of the course when it presents itself. What do you guys see? We are both ar 32mph 15 off in the video.

• Baller

You are both smooth and rythmic. Good skiers

For your wife. She could improve by straightening her arms during the lean and pulling progressively harder from the foam on one side to the foam on the other side.. This will create a lot more speed.

For you. You can generate more speed by keeping your hips closer to the handle. You might prefer 34 mph

Otherwise, nice skiing and I love the old Prostar!

• Baller

If you are preparing for one day skiing buoys, then I would suggest that you work on pointing your ski across the boat's path more.

The key to skiing buoys is less about width and more about getting to the other side earlier to create space before the buoy.

So, during the turn, think about pointing your front knee more across the boat's path before you start to really load against the boat. Doing this will create more speed without having to lean more. You will feel more load, but you simply work with the boat's power to exploit it into speed. With this early speed, width will happen on its own.

It looks like the bindings on your wife's ski are slightly too far forward. When she pulled out for the initial start and began her glide, the ski almost sunk on her. I can see why moving the RTP back helped her, it moved her weight back. The water should be breaking at the middle to front of the front boot. Watch were it breaks on your glide, much better. Looks like her weight is still just a touch too far forward. The wing, per se, is only a brake. It helps the ski slow down, but also affects your ability to turn, especially your offside. Fin forward helps your offside by making the ski feel shorter, but can hurt your onside some. Raising the fin makes the ski turn quicker, but is more slippery in the turn since not as much is left in the water. Finding the "happy spot" for all those can take years off your life, literally....I suggest moving her front boot back and get the water to break in the proper spot during her glide. Otherwise she'll feel like she's "dragging" in the water, which I bet is what was going on before you moved the RTP back, she was sinking.

@richfoster this is on the Chickahominy River in Virginia, it is tidal so the course doesn't work well. We go through the locks and set up my instaslalom...but that's an all day affair so we don't get to do it that much. We ski a lot but mostly in the am before work. Thank you all for your replies.