Big score at 41off

chris55

• Baller
Joel was on a GT with a red underside but for the photos he was holding the production ski. @Horton I can't see this guy straightening out his back leg - ever :) Great to watch but not sure what you can learn from it.. Imagine the WR record getting broken one day in Europe out of left field - crazy but it might just happen.

• Administrators
Terry Winter's center of mass is always forward. In those videos Sasha looks to have a center of mass way back. Could be just a these video clips so maybe it's not fair to judge him.

• Baller
sacha descuns reminds me of the way wade cox used to ski and *that* reminds me of jeff rogers talking years ago about the hunched over bent leg style of some of the skiers and how he would see them icing their backs after a tournament. his statement was something like ' them boys backs are hurtin '.

• Baller
The difference that I see is that he has his butt back and shoulders forward to compensate. The result is that his COM is different, but still forward. He uses a lot of forward posture to control speed into the buoy. He also absorbs the load by bending his knees to allow the ski to change edges underneath him. That's what I see as similar to TW.

• Administrators
@ToddL I need to actually ask Terry about this but I believe he would tell you that the big knee bend after edge change is the unfortunate result of overload at the center line. It is not something that he wants to or tries to do. I assume this is the similarity you see to Sasha ( not hips back shoulders forward)