Horton

• Administrators

First impressions after only 6 passes are

• I was surprised it was not more different from the N1

• It is faster

• It is comfortable

• I like it

• Baller
@Horton I'm realllly glad you are reviewing this ski. Thanks!! I rode the 66" version of the first edition for almost 3 years and was very comfortable on it. I'm curious if the sidewall tweaks to this ski have a calming effect to the amount of tip rise that is common from the first edition. I might have to grab a second round on this ski....this time the 65.25".

• Administrators

@dthate yes it is premature but I think the answer to your question is yes. I think it's going to turn out to be less work.

@jbwann I really don't know about the sidewall tweeks. I don't experience this issue on either the original ski or the XT. I suspect that the nature of the skis is so forgiving that skiers become accustomed to geting away with doing some unfortunate things that may create tip rise.

• Baller
@Horton I'm not near as technically good as you for sure. I agree probably me. I had read other guys post about it as well and thought it was a trait of the ski. Was never a serious issue at all. I LOVED the original and was curious if that was the reason for a small tweak. I have less of an issue with tip rise on the ski i'm on now, thankfully...but still working on cleaning everything up.

• Administrators

It is a strange size designation. Bindings are at 29 and there is plenty of surface area under and in front of the front binding

• Administrators
In the last week i have run up to my old BP on each of these skis at least once and bumped up my PB one ball on the XT first time i shortened past 35. I hate to gush over skis but gosh!

• Administrators

@ozski I was hoping no one would ask me about the baseline ski. I have not not skied on it much. Only when I am really really lost.

As for skiing at my peak? Sure it is a factor that I am skiing good right now but it is wild as $H*T that I ran 38 my first ride on my old N1 (practice but RC course and no BS boat path) and then 3 @ 39 first real go on XT. I did not think I was skiing that good.

• Baller

@Horton Does the XT factory settings call for 29 to front boot? Seems most found the sweet spot on the old N1 skis to be 28-11/16th. And, most who I have talked to recommend transferring the same settings from what you ran with N1 to the N1XT.

Did you use similiar settings, N1 and N1XT?

• Administrators

@Zman my old N1 has settings I cooked when the ski was new. I think they're close to stock but I don't even know.

On the XT I'm using exactly what the factory told me and it was awesome right out of the box. That's pretty darn amazing if you think about it. I've only ever had that happen before with one other ski.

Both skis are at the lake so if you really need my numbers I can measure them Wednesday