Thoughts on OB4/mikes overall binding

nicolas_bermudez

Hey guys

I've been strongly considering moving from goode dualock to the OB4 release system for my slalom for a while now but something still keeps me from making the purchase and reflex doesnt quite convince me. Anyone with thoughts, experiences? pros and cons?

thanks in advance

p.d. also would be nice to hear any non-slalom ob4 thoughts. maybe some trick skiers out there??

• Baller

Does a tricker really want a release? Releases have given me some irritating injuries. Not sure I've been hurt by staying in.

Note that in my highest energy falls, something breaks on my binding before it breaks on my skeleton. And my injuries are not related to the release. Sometimes I don't even fall when I get hurt.

Eric

• Baller
For us more moderate level trickers, with the MOB, catching an edge is no longer a slap down. My daughter has been using this system all her life, and tricks 3500 points. Several national level junior trickers using it now.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

I finally did put an order for the OB4 system just because i liked the colors and finishing more then the MOB. and have been waiting for two days for them to actually ship my product, tried calling and there was not even a dial on the contact they supply on their page (Marianne Allenspach 816-586-2158). any ideas..?

• Baller
Doesn't seem that odd that a product that likely sells in the 1's of units per week might take a few days to ship. I find it hard to believe that anyone is making a full time living selling specialty release bindings, part time/custom business takes longer to ship typically.