House and ski lake for sale in Sacramento area

TallSkinnyGuy

• Baller

I skied there a number of years back. There wasn't much room besides what you see. I think it would be near impossible to host a tournament to even have enough parking for that many people.

That being said, its a pretty sweet property and I wouldn't mind owning it since its a short 15-20 min commute from my work.

• Baller
Not a bad price considering what you get. In 1.5 mil Bay Area that would get you a shack. I've flown over and driven past it but never been there. If one could sell memberships or run a ski school that would defiantly help offset the cost. Of course you need the cheddar to get in there first !

• Baller

I used to ski there quite a bit and was friends through friends with the family. Nice setup, nice dock. Lake skis well, but needs some weed maintenance. Very good wind protection. Don't think they ever used any dye or other water treatment. Good bass fishing. Grounds and the house are as they appear - updated home and nicely maintained. Lots of amenities as shown in the video. VB sand court is legit. Pool is big. Lots of lawn to maintain. Plenty of working space/storage in a shop/barn, too. Great family home with lots of space and stuff for the kids.

It's out in the rice fields, but only a short 5 - 10 min drive to town (Lincoln, which is nice small town) and maybe 15 - 20 minutes to more shopping and big box stores than you can shake a stick at in Rocklin/Roseville. 1.5+ hours to Truckee/Tahoe. 2+ hours back to the bay depending. 3 hrs to the coast depending. Local wine country is good and 10 minutes away. Napa/Sonoma wine country is 1.5 hours. Good pheasant hunting on the road out front, too.

For what you get and considering it's Northern California (I know a lot of you don't care about that, don't get it, don't want to, that's OK), I think 1.5 mil is a surprisingly good deal.

• Baller
Well, apparently somebody thought this was a good deal and had the necessary funding, because the sale is now "pending" -- an offer has been accepted. Will be interesting to see if it is kept private or if they make a new ski club. Or maybe a ski school like someone suggested earlier.

• Baller

@TallSkinnyGuy - maintenance cost - high to quite high unless you are retired and that's how you have fun. Also, unless the arrangement has changed, they have an allotment from the local irrigation district - canal water, which is good stuff. I don't know if they ever had difficulty making it through the year on their allotment. I haven't skied there since the early 2000s. Also, to your point about whether it is kept private or if they make a new ski club - how much you want to bet a non-skier buys it and uses the lake for either fishing, looking at, or nothing? I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

@MS - dude. Whatthe____ever. I'm sure your wonderful, flat, cold, wet state has it all completely dialed. Amiright?

• Baller
@Texas6 - ? Not sure if you are referring specifically to equity or something else. Equity might be decent as they bought/built in the early '90s. They did put a lot into it, though, for sure. "He" might not even be involved anymore after the split which was several years ago. I hope the buyer is a skier, too.

• Baller
I am referring purely to the cost to build excavate, plant trees, etc etc. versus the asking price. I think many would be shocked by how much just excavation costs, before you do anything else. That's a good deal is what I'm saying

• Baller
We gots: clay, silt, sand, gravel, cobbles, boulders, diatomaceous earth, mudstone, siltstone, sandstone, boulder conglomerate, glacial till, metasedimentary including limestone and marble, metavolcanics, volcanic tuff, basalt (massive and columnar), chert, granite, diorite, rhyolite, andesite, dacite, and naturally occurring asbestos and arsenic. We got riots, and fires, and mudslides. We got sushi in the mall. Bonus points if you know where the last two lines come from. All you got is clay?

• Baller

@Texas6 - aw, me an' ol JB go waaay back. Like 1972 back.

I'm a native Gulf Coaster anyway. Born in Houston, spent many days in the Gulf and inshore waters from High Island to POC, but moved west when I was 8. Daddy put me on water skis at 4, snow skis at 8. That was all she wrote.

• Baller

If you are not from California, or New York City, it is probably a challenge to appreciate what a good deal this is. I grew up in a 1700 square foot home in Norcal. It is waterfront, and certainly not a private lake. It is salt water. Probably, 8000 square feet of property. Current value probably $1.3M.

Some said the property taxes will kill you on this site. The actual property tax on that property is not the issue = $15.2K per year. It is the bullsh-- bonds, special assessments, etc. which get you. That's not to mention close to 10% state income tax on pretty much anyone that can afford this property, and 8 to 9% sales tax in our state.

• Baller
I agree on the thought that this is a good deal for someone. Buying land and digging a hole is just the start. That place has a lot of money and time poured into it. I can't imagine that 1.5 mil is really making the seller a lot of money.