Waterski Costa Rica

cobber

• Baller

Just got back form an amazing week of skiing in Costa Rica. Jim and Susan are amazing hosts. Jim is an outstanding skier and coach. We skied on the newer of the two lakes and it skis great, it is well protected and was virtually glass all week. His 2013 Malibu has a great wake. The food in Costa Rica is outstanding especially the lunches at the lake prepared by Yolanda. The Tilajari Hotel is clean, quite with lots of things to do. beautiful pool, hot tub, tennis courts, butterfly conservatory and a very good restaurant. The after skiing activities are top notch as well. The hot springs are great, zip lining is second to none, the waterfall is like something out of a movie, Riverboat cruise is very relaxing and a great way to see nature. Susan took us on a very nice horse back riding excursion around their property. There is just so many amazing things to see and do, whether you are talking about the great skiing and coaching or the after skiing activities, the great weather, the hospitality or how beautiful Costa Rica is. I would recommend this ski trip to anyone and I think Jim's website does not do this place any justice, it is way better in person. If you get the chance don't hesitate to book a trip to Waterski Costa Rica

Geordie

• Baller
Sounds awesome . I'd love to hit up a winter waterski trip. But my wife would kill me if it wasn't a family trip. Acapulco is not kid friendly. Is waterski Costa Rica ? Dont they offer non skier packages ? Couldn't find info on website

• Baller
@rodltg2 Costa Rica is kid Friendly, he has had lots of kids there and another member from our ski club takes his entire family to Water Ski Costa Rica. It will be fun for all ages and he does offer non-skier price packages

We have been down there several times and it is always a great experience. Jim and Susan will always find new experiences for you, all you have to do is ask what type of other things you want and they seam to have the connections to fulfill your wishes,for the skiers and non skiers.

• Baller
@skiinxs the ski site is located in the middle of the country a few hours from the coast, so no. There is so much to do in the La Fortuna and Arenal area. I have been to thr area but did not ski, mostly because there is so much to see and do non-skiing. Next time I'll go to the ski school!

• Baller

We just returned from another five star week at Waterski Costa Rica. As always, the skiing is fantastic. The new lake is well protected from the minimal wind and has no rollers.

I think my entire family of five set PB's. My 11 year old now wants to try her first tournament this summer.

The non-skiing activities were great. We got back to the hotel each night exhausted and more than satisfied. I'm looking forward to returning.

• Baller
@rodltg2 - Hi Rod. Why do you think Acapulco is not kid friendly? Do you mean Acapulco in general or Gordon's place specifically? I think it's super kid friendly and they get a lot of families with kids there. I would imagine that the Costa Rica set-up is great for kids as well, though.

• Baller

Having been to Acapulco 2x, IMHO it is not kid friendly.

Unless you go during one of Gordon's designated "family weeks", there isn't likely to be any other kids there.

Yes, the skiing is great but there isn't much else to do between sets on site (basketball, ping-pong and massages). So unless your child is a complete die hard and comfortable being around adults all-day, they may likely get bored.

Once you're back at the villa the adults are just chillin' at the pool with adult beverages and there's not much there for kids to do. Yes, they can swim, but if they start jumping, splashing and being a kid you can bet someone with too much alcohol is going to get annoyed.

You might take the occasional excursion - La Concha, surfing, golf - but that's few and far between.

I'm headed to Costa Rica in a month for the first time, looking forward to it!

• Baller

I really like both places but other than skiing, they are very different vacations. Acapulco, is a five star executive ski week.

We have 3 kids (11, 14, 16) and Costa Rica with Jim was is an amazing holiday. Besides the skiing, my kids loved the zip lining, hot springs, hiking and especially the horse back riding. We also went to an animal rescue centre which they also enjoyed.

The days were packed and we returned happy and exhausted every evening.