What @Dirt thinks of you

Horton

• Baller

Who buys advil when you can buy ibuprofen?

I'm all for advil dumping money into BOS...but I'd tell all of you not to waste your money on the brand name there and buy ibuprofen.

How about a sport supplement producer like Optimum Nutrition...or a firm that offers tons of different manufacturers sports supplements like Nutrition Discounters?

This site would certainly be ideal for hitting the middle-aged, athletic man demographic.

How about chain gyms like Snap Fitness?

• Baller

In my aging pain paranoia fog, I'm sure this thread is all about me. So I retaliate: @Dirt is a skilled trick skier. With a couple trick tournaments he could make MM in tricks too. Ha!

Eric

PS @6balls In the old days when Advil still worked for me, I did notice a difference in efficacy between Advil and the generics. Apparently there are enantiomers (chemical mirror images) that work differently. Advil had a more effective balance of the best enantiomer for my body's response. I've heard that the generics fixed that since then. The price difference is small so I feel OK sticking with the brand name that at one time worked better for me.

With this kind of thread drift, maybe @Dirt is right about sponsor categories.

• Baller

@eleeski it's been a been a while since I thought that much about chemistry but your post for me thinking, I did not realize ibuprofen was chiral.

There are two enantiomers, not three, as a mirror image dictates - maybe just a typo. I could not quickly find publication on the differences in the ratio brand vs generic but it could easily be. Interestingly it appears that the mix of R and S is converted by your body to mostly S which is somewhat counter to your case that some mixes are better. Another angle could be differences in formulation (types of excipients for example) which can have an impact as well. In any case stick with what works!