Rolling Stones Blue and Lonesome

Razorskier1

• Administrators
Are you guys serious. I love old school Blues and the first couple of Stones albums but I have trouble believing this new stuff is good.

• Baller
@Horton and @Luzz -- I am not a Stones fan. Seriously, buy this and if you don't like it I'll pay you for it. It is that good. This is classic blues standards at their best. While you're at it get Johnny Winter's last album, a huge effort with guys like Eric Clapton and Billy Gibbons, among others. Album is Step Back. Finished shortly before he died.

• Baller
Love me some Stevie Ray Vaughan...gonna check out the Stones album above. Also looking to get some Bonamassa tickets as he's in Minneapolis in March (going to Red Hot Chili Peppers in January--I know not blues but looking forward to it). Haven't listened to Johnny Winter mentioned above in a long time...had him on vinyl back in the day.

• Baller
My wife gives me crap about listening to the blues all the time. Going to college in the 70's it was great to see all the blues master finally get their due and I got to see them all! Went to school at MSU and got to see Muddy, John Lee, B.B., Buddy, Junior and numerous others. Just saw Buddy this summer and he still puts on a great show in his 80's. My roomate and myself were even roadies for a day for Luther Allison. When I'm in the shop building skis you can bet BB Kings Bluesville is blasting on the stereo! Like Muddy said the blues had a baby and they called it rock and roll.

• Baller

Spotify free with ads or $14.99 month for all the family, other options as well, listen to all your favourite music while you are on WIFI, with the possibility to pick and choose what ever you want to download onto your phone or device, so that you can listen to the music anywhere, even if you are off line, great for streaming via Bluetooth to your Home sound system, vehicle or boat or put the headphones on while you are on vacation.

No CD's / No Itunes / Just a Huge library of Music available to all the Family 5-6 mobile devices, No clutter, Hassle free.

Would not be without it !

• Administrators

@ms that's a shameful and awful collection of Rolling Stones. The omission of Sticky Fingers is almost enough to get you banned from this forum for life.

The inclusion of Steel Wheels is meant as a joke I can only hope

• Baller

Good shout - sounds like old school stones.

Recent No1 blues album in the UK -

BLUES by Alabama 3 - a modern take on the blues. Seeing them live this weekend for the 10th time.

(They are not from Alabama and there are 12 of them - enjoy)

• Baller
@Garn --- great blues music isn't about perfection. It's about a gritty, imperfect sound that sounds like it could have been played on somebody's porch on a hot summer day next to a dusty road with nobody listening. That's the sound that comes through on this album, and with some of the greatest bluesmen of all times.