Biggest Story of 2016

lpskier

• Baller
And Jacinta jumped it out of the park. How many pro events has she won in a row now with daylight in second place? I can tell you its something like 30 or more. Talk about dominant athletes in any sport Jacinta Caroll is up there with the best of them.

• Supporting Member

Firstly, could someone change the title to 2016?

Although technically they began operation in 2015, the first production ski from a brand new ski company hit the world in 2016.

The MOB system went into production in 2016.

The Radar Vapor definitely made a huge splash.

To me, Freddie Winter's injury was one of the biggest stories of 2016. Fingers firmly crossed for a 100% return!

• Baller_

2016 biggest story's for Team Seal:

Boise Nationals and night Jump, Wow!!! What a great event. Along with Stephen "El Toro" Seal winning his 11th National title.

Monica "Dr. Moe" Seal DPT Graduating USF and now back on her jumpers and going big!!

The inaugural La Trobe slalom event.

Team Seal Wishes all you ballers and your Family's a very Merry Christmas and a safe healthy new year!!

Thank you 2016!!

• Baller_
More as an industry item, the apparent resurgence of skiing v wake sports and the introduction of yet another revised hard core slalom or 3 event boat completing a redesigned or new offering from the major brands in the last few years. Along with numerous stellar Individual performances.

• Baller
Maybe not the biggest but... How about @Horton and Ball of Spray initiates a viable new approach to tournament skiing which draws in current, former and new competitors. Now if he can just find a site to host one in the Northeast.

• Baller

@Ipskier I was thinking the same, but my thoughts did turn to the fact that Andy Mapple was no longer with us and how much that has impacted our sport, I also think the forum has been quieter in certain ways, there were always rumblings that he was developing something as well as the sharing of knowledge.

The G.O.A.T is still missed by many, he was a personality that promoted our sport at every opportunity.

• Baller

To me, it was a big year

The release of the new TXi with an almost immediate WR is some crazy news. Sure to be big buzz over the off-season. Also sure to get the others moving on a new design. The Supreme/Centurion talk is a big one, but will be a 2017 story.

The Vapor has been huge, and I'm wondering what 100k+ hits spells out for resurgence of slalom in the real world.

Also, having at least 3 real male contenders with sub -41 capacity at any big tournament is insane. Whitney's running 2@-41 shows that gap getting smaller, and Manon not far behind.

Jacinta is jumping so far beyond the field that I honestly don't know what to say

Men's trick is a really tight field, and Anna Gay setting a new WR is bringing in a new guard.

Like I said, I think it was a big year

• Baller

The best placement that Kris had in his prime was 2nd at the 1979 Worlds in Toronto.

Finishing 2nd to his brother. At another Worlds, Kris had the best score in one round.

He was unable to ski in a lot of Worlds because you had to be on a country's team,

before qualifying by Rankings. However, he did compete in 1975, 1977, and 1979 as

World Record holder.

• Administrators
Haaaa @rico I am afraid I do not think 3 @ 39 is the M4 Bako record. I am guessing a few local skiers have gotten that far before but it has been a number of years.