Anyone live in Crystal Estates in Gilbert, AZ or know anyone there?

bigskieridaho

• Baller
@bigskieridaho Is it the tan TXi in Gilbert? The only thing I'd be cautious of, is whether or not it was ever run in Firebird Lake, which is salt water (very salty water). If I remember correctly, the tan one is on a fresh water lake though.

• Baller

Fire Bird is more salty than other lakes in AZ because when built the bottom was sealed with concrete, thus no leakage. When the water evaporates as pure H2O the salt and other minerals are left behind. In time, much like a salt pond, the levels of sodium increase. All boats used there have access to a fresh water flush after use. Also all skies and equipment are routinely rinsed.

• Baller
I've skied firebird it's nasty, skis super fast, but when your from Alberta, any open water is good water. And @Golfguy is correct, it has a liner in it. You can smell the nitro and oil boiling out as you ski from the drag boats that race there. Multiple world record speeds have been set on that lake.

• Baller

We went Tour-ing at Crystal Point back in 1993 and 1994, before the buildout on one side

of the lake. Nice site for slalom. Tight for jumping around the 600 buoy.

We also went to Firebird, in 1985. Surprisingly good SL scores with the backwash from a

concrete wall.