Anyone heard of hindetector.com?

LoopSki

• Baller

I have gotten some emails for my boat that's for sale .

First email asked if the boat was involved in a serious accident. Which I responded no.

Second email asked if I had a HIN report for it. I responded no, but the boat has been on private lake its entire life.

Third he asked me to get a report from hindetector.com, and that he would repay me for it if he buys. He also said

he would like to come over and see the boat tomorrow if the report was clean.

I'm fairly certain this guy is just trying to bait me into paying for this service. He has not asked any serious questions

that a skier or real buyer would ask. I'll keep corresponding with him to see where this goes. I responded to the last email where he was coming from to see if he even knows what region I'm in.

the website seems legit, but no initial pricing without entering your HIN.

• Baller

Doesn't sound like a serious buyer, kick him out of bounds, if he is interested he is going to try and low ball you, a dealer report or something like that should be good enough, some people are not not worth your time and effort, it's up to him to satisfy himself it's a good buy.

If the boat has been on the market for a while, it always attracts people who think they can get it at a very low price, take it off for a bit and then advertise again elsewhere.