Should a zero notice sanction be allowed provided all rules are being followed?

disland

• Baller_

Being the one no vote so far thought I would expand. The problem is that we are a volunteer organization even though USAWS has "paid" employees the sanctioning programs and rules involved with sanctioning are dictated and facilitated by the AWSA . Currently the sanctioning program is rather messed up as it will only co-operate with few operating system software, windows 10 and explorer no bueno! any apple no Bueno. then there is the AWSA 30 day bureaucracy that is currently in place.

Get all that fixed then the zero notice may be put in place.

And let me say good luck on that !!

• Baller_

Hey I wish you all the success in changing the situation. and no the policy of a 30 day lead for sanction came just a few years ago.

The sanctioning program is written and maintained by volunteer's like the scoring program.

Like I said I voted no on the poll because I know what you all are going up against to change the policy.

Again I wish you all luck and will stand behind you!

Really!!

• Baller_

Hey I wish you all the success in changing the situation. and no the policy of a 30 day lead for sanction came just a few years ago.

The sanctioning program is written and maintained by volunteer's like the scoring program.

Like I said I voted no on the poll because I know what you all are going up against to change the policy.

Again I wish you all luck and will stand behind you!

Really!!

• Baller
@Jody_Seal Thanks for your support. As a matter of public record I have decided its easy to do polls and complain but harder to do something. So I have decided to make an effort to actually get this changed by submitting a official request. I will keep you all posted.

• Baller
@Jody_Seal Thanks for your support. As a matter of public record I have decided its easy to do polls and complain but harder to do something. So I have decided to make an effort to actually get this changed by submitting a official request. I will keep you all posted.

• Administrators
I will sanction probably three events this summer. Because I didn't do it before January 1st I'm going to pay late fee. The reality of my business is I don't have the dates and sites set by January 1st. To me the late fee is just fundraising by the Association. Unless you believe they really think I should be penalized for not being in a regional guide.

• Administrators
I will sanction probably three events this summer. Because I didn't do it before January 1st I'm going to pay late fee. The reality of my business is I don't have the dates and sites set by January 1st. To me the late fee is just fundraising by the Association. Unless you believe they really think I should be penalized for not being in a regional guide.

• Baller

By zero day notice, I'm assuming submitting the sanction the same day as the tournament.

So if you submit a tournament sanction on Sunday, would you expect USAWS to sanction it? I expect they would have some due diligence to perform to validate the sanction such as validation of officials. If you had a tournament and charged skiers money for it, and USAWS did not sanction it because you have invalid officials, would that be fair to the skiers to not get a rankings list score for the tournament? I realize that there are some software systems in place to validate some of this, but eye balls should be involved to some degree.

Also, if you can't plan a tournament at least a few days in advance, how would they have any confidence you're planning a legit event? They are the ones providing the coverage for the event, so they need to be give some deference.

I think a more reasonable question would be what is acceptable in terms of advance notice. Ideally it would be much shorter, but I don't know what goes into that process.

The late fee's issue is a separate topic.

• Baller

By zero day notice, I'm assuming submitting the sanction the same day as the tournament.

So if you submit a tournament sanction on Sunday, would you expect USAWS to sanction it? I expect they would have some due diligence to perform to validate the sanction such as validation of officials. If you had a tournament and charged skiers money for it, and USAWS did not sanction it because you have invalid officials, would that be fair to the skiers to not get a rankings list score for the tournament? I realize that there are some software systems in place to validate some of this, but eye balls should be involved to some degree.

Also, if you can't plan a tournament at least a few days in advance, how would they have any confidence you're planning a legit event? They are the ones providing the coverage for the event, so they need to be give some deference.

I think a more reasonable question would be what is acceptable in terms of advance notice. Ideally it would be much shorter, but I don't know what goes into that process.

The late fee's issue is a separate topic.

• Baller

@santangelo I would post a triple panda but I dont know how, maybe @horton can provide.

The computer system already screens for relevant officials. Why do we need eye balls.

I can already cheat and say someone was there to judge and never was. The EVP doesnt come to every tournament to make sure we follow all the rules. The Chief Judge reports if all rules were followed. When i send in the report I take that seriously. My integrity is worth a lot more than some stupid buoy score.

I have had a situation where an appointed official had to leave because of an emergency. i noted it on my report. AWSA did not invalidate my sanction. This type of thinking is exactly what we are trying to get way from. At some point we have to believe that the majority of skiers are not trying to cheat and stop creating more rules and policies to police ourselves.

• Baller

@santangelo I would post a triple panda but I dont know how, maybe @horton can provide.

The computer system already screens for relevant officials. Why do we need eye balls.

I can already cheat and say someone was there to judge and never was. The EVP doesnt come to every tournament to make sure we follow all the rules. The Chief Judge reports if all rules were followed. When i send in the report I take that seriously. My integrity is worth a lot more than some stupid buoy score.

I have had a situation where an appointed official had to leave because of an emergency. i noted it on my report. AWSA did not invalidate my sanction. This type of thinking is exactly what we are trying to get way from. At some point we have to believe that the majority of skiers are not trying to cheat and stop creating more rules and policies to police ourselves.