Value of a 2005 CC 196

skinut

• Baller

About a year ago my ski partner passed away. He had a 2005 Ski Nautique 196. His wife asked me if I would help sell the boat. I wanted to see what your opinions on the value of the boat might be.

The boat has:

200 hours

Team Edition

Star Gazer

GM 5.7 liter?

Tandem Axle

Bimini

Travel Cover

I have looked at ski-it-again but the ranges were all over the place. Thx

• Baller_

Excalibur engine will be worth more to someone who wants to convert it to Zero Off. Confirm which engine it has and highlight that in your listing, if Excalibur. I had thought Team Edition would have this engine.

Hours seem to be good. What is the condition and where was it used (salt/fresh water, location, private lake only, etc.)?

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

If the boat is a drive by wire throttle control, as in it doesn't have a throttle cable going to the throttle body, then you could convert to Zero off with out any trouble as far as I know. This can be a big deal as owners of older SNs sometimes put in a complete power plant that is drive by wire just to run Zero off.

• Baller
If it has the Excaliber engine it is upgradable. Type of throttle does not matter. Only interface on engine between throttle type would be different. I upgraded my 02 196 with a mechanical throttle to ZO in 2010. Same mechanical throttle is still in my boat as was built with in 2002.

• Baller

Yep, I did a ton of research when I bought my 2001. $25K sounds right to me. If it's absolutely pristine with a color combo that someone really wants you may get a couple grand more out of it.

Another thing that can depreciate it is use near an ocean. If there is even a chance it touched saltwater it's usually worth a little less ($1-$2K). Galvanized trailer is a good indicator of this.

I've attached my spreadsheet that I built when I was researching SN196s. This was a year and a half ago, but prices haven't moved. The fact that it's spring time actually helps a little actually. There isn't a boat that's real close to what you have since the hours are so low, but it gives you a good idea.

• Baller
'06 could be a really easy ZO upgrade. You might try calling CC with the hull number and/or engine serial number. I did this when I was looking a few years back and CC was very helpful.

• Baller
I called Nautique parts when I bought my used 2005 206 and they emailed me the build sheet on it. Every option and colors were on it. Here's the email address it came from. Nautiqueparts Support