2008 196 trailer hunt.

Wish

• Baller_
So my buddy is looking for a trailer for his 196 2008. We have come across several inboard trailers but not CC spacific. Hard to know if it will fit and even harder to test and most want $$s before you drive away with it. So does anyone know the trailer specs needed for a 2008-ish 196. Bunk spacing, width/angle, width of uprights and so on. Heck, does anyone know of a used CC trailer?. Or has anyone bought a standard trailer of some kind and had it modified with specs? Thoughts..ideas..all welcome.

• Baller
Invoice on the CTW trailer for my 200 was $4736, with tandem axles, nice wheels, electric/disc brakes, nice winch, swing away tongue, LED lights, nice jack stand, etc. I would be careful not getting a trailer built specifically for the 196--it might work--but the design on the bunks for inboards are pretty boat specific.

• Baller
Good luck. Buying a trailer is a PITA. The Ram-Lin on our 2000 totally rusted out so we were in this position a couple years ago. Know that even if you get a used one, it could be rotten or nearly there, not to mention brakes needing work, etc. Ended up having Ram-Lin build a brand new one. They are at least 4500.00 for a single axle but for that boat it's the right look and IMO there is no substitute for what Nautique should be sitting on (the 200 trailer is another story...). Alternatively I have friends who have also recently replaced their trailers using Trailmaster and were very happy with them. Boatmate is another alternative as well. Both should have patterns for your boat.