Looking to ski at Okeeheelee

oneski

• Baller
I know it's late notice but I'll be in West Palm Beach tomorrow (Monday) through Wednesday and was hoping I might be able to hook up with someone to ski at SCPB. I'm visiting my Mom who lives only 10 minutes away from Okeeheelee. I'm open Monday afternoon and on Wednesday afternoon. Please shoot me a PM if you (or anyone you may know) is going to be at the site and doesn't mind me hitching a ride. Thanks. Richard Rones

• Baller

Monday's are typically the slowest days of the week but there might be a few boats out there.

Lately:

Friday and Wednesdays are light too but not as much as Mondays.

Tuesday/Thursday are the usual days with a rotation of 4-6 boats rolling.

We'll be out tuesday evening but you were looking for M/W.

There is a guy out at the airport that pulls folks in pretty neat setup. You could probably google places or people to ski with.

• Baller
Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to leave the ski at home since I didn't have anything in advance set up....The weather is warming up back home so I'll hopefully start up the ski season when I get back.

• Baller
Interesting comments. I have been meaning to write about this for some time. My Wife and I went to Okeeheelee to try and get a set in a while back. Spoke with 3 separate groups of people skiing. I was quite eye surprised and disappointed to find no one was willing to take us for a pull, and were also quite unfriendly. So I don't think it is that easy to get a set there. Unless we were just there on a bad day?