Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos - CANCELED

Horton

• Administrators

Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos

BallOfSpray is very proud to announce the Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos. This event will be held at San Marcos River Ranch Lake # 4 in Martindale, Texas on August 9 - 12 during the 75th GOODE Water Ski National Championships.

The Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos is designed to give competitors a second chance at victory. The event will be comprised of 3 preliminary rounds and a final.

There will be one round of the slalom every afternoon following official practice. Skiers will ski in the Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos event on the days that they do not slalom at GOODE Nationals.

The Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos will run after official practice from 1PM to 6PM on August 9, 10 and 11.

The last preliminary round will start at 9 AM August 12, followed by the handicap final & the raw score final.

There are 2 Paths to Cash

Path to Cash # 1

Skiers will be handicapped by their GOODE Water Ski National score. The skiers who have the single best scores in the Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize compared to their Nationals score will move on to a handicap final. In the handicap final, each skier’s handicap will be reset to their current USAWS average.

Path to Cash # 2

The skiers with the highest raw score from the preliminary rounds will move on to a raw score final.

Entry Limit: 50

Entry Fees: $150

Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize Purse will be $6,000

Entries are non-refundable unless the event fills. Entry fees will only be refunded when a skier from the waiting list replaces a canceled entry.

Link to registration

Link to event FAQ

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

@Kelvin I am so happy you asked that. If you are NOT qualified for nationals you are very welcome to ski in the Cash Prize. Your handicap will be your USAWS average.

Skiers who are qualified for Nationals but are not entered in Nationals may not enter the Cash Prize.

• Administrators

@jcamp the event will be Class C

@matt_b the finals are on the last day - you do not have to ski every day to make the finals. Only your best round will be used.

• Administrators

@Gar no.

Official practice on Lake 4 ends at 1 p.m.

The cash prize will start at 1 p.m. and end at about 6 p.m.

There will be other official practice on the other lakes but I am unaware of the specific details

• Baller
Thanks John. So one last question. If I am lucky enough to qualify and I think I would ski on Thursday can if I finish in time can I ski the tournament round on Thursday as well?

• Administrators

@Beastmode All I need is your money. Just send me all of your money. Seriously we will do paperwork in site.

@Jody_Seal You may be a special case. Yea I will take care of you.

• Administrators

Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos has been canceled.

I want to sincerely thank Brooks Wilson and Trent Finlayson from Radar Skis as well as the folks at SMRR for believing in the idea.

BallOfSpray will continue to organize and promote events. Details for a Sacramento event are in the works.

All entry fees will be returned.

• Baller
I would be 100% in for a non-sanctioned event on the fourth lake under the radar banner bucking the system. Wonder the justification for the denied sanction- title sponsor conflict? Mmmmmm? Second best idea @Horton has ever had (actually had more people interested in going to a worn out boring pointless event.)

• Baller
I would be VERY interested in hearing the USAWS perspective on denying the sanction. As was said previously, seemed like a no brainer. It only had the potential to improve attendance at Nationals. In fact my plans for nationals may be on hold until I do hear the USAWS rationale.

• Baller
Bummer. The tournament actually had me considering making my first trip to nationals in 35 years. It would have been nice to slalom while there in addition to 2 (maybe) 20 second trick passes. My ski friends who will likely not be qualified were willing to make the trip with me. Oh well.