So, it is snowing . . .

sunvalleylaw

• Supporting Member
Suddenly spring-like this week in most of New England. Some years I get everything "queued up" so that I can jump the second the weather is tolerable, but this year I'm just starting to get motivated now that the temp is coming up. So probably start skiing in a week or two.

• Baller

@skinut , yeah that would drive me crazy. I couldn't live in Twin for the same reason. Plus Twin is a big sprawling parking lot. E. Idaho has the Tietons and access to some cool stuff. My buddy in Pokey has a lot of nice mountain biking out his back door.

@bigskieridaho , I hear you. I am driving my daughter to Boise soccer league tomorrow. Simplot fields. Will be interesting soccer. I plan to be out your way in a few weeks and book some coaching, so I may ping you when I do. Will let you know. Looking at early May.

• Baller
Hasn't snowed here in northern NY for almost a week, ice finally cleared the lake 2 days ago, had to scrape frost off the windshield this am. Water level is up about 2 feet so maybe in a week or so I'll be able to get the docks in and get some free skiing in. Looks like this weekend could be the last snow ski day at Whiteface.

• Baller

@jedgell Are you back in Missoula?

@sunvalleylaw We do have great access to a lot of cool things. I'm 2-3 hours from the best snow skiing in the world. SV, Jackson, Grand Targhee, and most of the Utah resorts. The nice thing is the cost of living is really cheap.

• Baller

@skinut - I'm in Bozeman. Moved here about a year and a half ago.

@sunvalleylaw - Currently our season starts in mid-June... Not good. We lost our ski club 2 years ago and are skiing at a new site. The owner doesn't fill the lake until June for some reason. Great site and only 20 minutes from town. Typically weather would allow us to start in April, ice came off this year in mid-March.

• Baller

@jedgell , yeah, that is too short a season. As soon as it gets warm again (next week? Five minutes from now?), Magic res will be ready, other than allowing the driftwood from the lake filling back up to clear. I am not super interested in dinging my prop, or smacking my head on some floating debris.

I don't have a membership at the private lake in the town just south of me, and don't really know when they will start. But I would guess in a few weeks. Also at Black Butte, though my normal host down there is injured and out for a couple more months.

Redfish, Alturas, etc. up by Stanley will be a while yet. Looks like other than the stream inlet, the ice is still on up at Redfish. Redfish Lake Cam

• Baller
Much needed rain and snow for Northern California. But we have had enough. Seriously !!Stop raining. Ski resorts usually wrapping it up by now. They just got dumped on again. Roads even shut down. I've only had two sets so far. When it's clear it's windy like today. No more !!!

• Baller

@LoopSki at least you are skiing... The large amount of rainfall has all the fields in West Sac flooded. Our water level depends on the farmers. They don't need water so we don't "need" to ski. :'(

I am ready for some warm spring weather so the lake can fill up.

• Baller

Good Friday in Halliburton was very good. v04vkcd2nk6u.jpg

The ice in our bay went out and the LXI was mostly "unwinterized". The docks went in with only modest ice damage. (Need to level and shim again, one anchor is lost in the deeps).

I broke the tee coolant fitting on the RHS exhaust manifold DOH. No we wait for the part - and warmer water. Katherine's Easter present is a new Lyric, can't wait to see the look on her face!

• Baller
After it snowing the other day, had soccer down in Boise yesterday for my daughter, and stopped in to the water ski store (HO/Mastercraft place) and bought myself an O'neill Epic. Connected with a boating friend who is getting his dry suit repaired this week, and we will try to get out as early as late this next week. Stopped at the reservoir on the way home to check it out, and it is full, and the drift wood has seemed to come up on the beach after it came down from overflow status. Still patches of snow on the banks though. Brr!