Went with the prostar

LoopSki

• Baller
Been looking at buying a new boat for the last two years as mine was creeping up in hours. Also wanted ZO and open bow. Ended up ordering a 17 prostar which my son and designed online. Boat showed up today , up and down the lake to break in and roped it up. I'm in love with it. Fit finish are top notch. ZO took all about 30 seconds to figure out. Bimini is amazing. So easy to set up. Open bow is roomy and will please the family. Hoping the reliability will resemble my 1999 SN . I expected such a large boat to be sluggish compared to my 1999. I was wrong this bad boy has some balls. Barefoot speeds should be no problem. Mastercraft did an amazing job matching my cartoon rendition we did online. The Interface is awesome but I'm still nervous. As I'm not comfortable with technology in a boat. I pray no failures !! As it is pretty dam cool. Went eith all seating and carpet. No need for bow lid or racks.

• Baller
Nice boat!! We had every intention of buying a 200, but went Prostar as well. I still don't think it drives as refined as the 200, but it's still fantastic, and all the cool amenities it came with won us over. Congrats!!

• Baller

fnw81n03nn32.jpeg

I've never driven a 200 only skied . I wanted something different as everyone around here has a 200. So I can't compare tracking. But behind the boat felt great. Again I'm really happy the way it turned out. I've never ordered a boat before and picked out colors , so I was nervous on my design a boat skills .

• Baller
Really hard to do colors with the online boat builder. I have found that the colors online and the size of the picture makes it really hard to know what you will get. That said, you did a great job. My 2015 Prostar has 220 hours on it, and all the technology continues to work just the way it did when I got it. One heads up. Reach inside the fuse panel and turn off the battery power if you aren't going to use the boat for a few days. Failing to do so will result in a dead battery.

• Baller

@LoopSki

@epnault and I were just talking about this offline. I don't know for sure with the 17's, but mine being a non-current has the extra steering cable connection point close to the rudder. I'm going to switch out the attachment spots to make mine handle more precise...hopefully this works anyway. It drives nice out of the box, but like I mentioned before, it's not an extension of the driver like a 200. There are other threads on this, but just thought I'd mention it.

• Baller
@DW Yes sir. I literally just got back from the river, and the tighter ratio is a big improvement...feels like a tournament boat should. I only had about 15 min to drive around, but it feels very 200-like now. Makes me wonder what the point of the other connection spot is? Maybe it's a power turn eliminator?;)

• Baller

On steering.

I am going to do some digging on the design point of this extra connection. I didn't have time to change it on Sunday because my lift winch cable broke and had to put the boat in the garage for the week. :(

• Baller
Absolutely not !! I chalk that one up to a very expensive lesson learned. Seems to come up for sale now and then. Those low hours makes me think no one likes it ! Needs to go to a Barefooter. Hard wake and very fast.