Reflex VS HO hardshell

chris55

• Baller

Since I cannot try them on before buying one of them, is it a big change or an improvment after skiing with a reflex and going to a HO hardshell ? What is the major difference beside the price ? I started slaloming at 34mph this year and I want to move to a hardshell.

Thank's in advance for your comment

I like my HO hardshell. Went to it after 8 years on a reflex system. For me I feel a lot more connected to the ski and I love the softer shell. It reminds me of a rubber boot but it's a hardshell. Forward flexion seems to be better on the HO. I love the buckles, perfect tension every set!

Skiing into 38 off 36 mph with mine. No complaints here.

• Baller

Hour ago received delivery with HO hardshell.

First impressions:

1) In reality it is really neat. Looks very nice and small.

2) My foot size is 26.5 and boot size 8-9 fits like glove, does not seem heat is needed.

But if i'd have even 27, boot would certainly small for me.

3) Release test: at first I was disappointed a little - it did not work as I expected: it was too hard even on the lowest settings. Then I put some water on boot and release unit and everything went well. Not supposed to work properly when dry ))

• Baller
Skied on my HO hardshell for the first time on Saturday. I absolutely LOVE the boot! Most comfortable boot I've ever slid my foot into. I love the ease of entry and exit. I've never been on a Reflex so I can't say how they compare. Going from thinking the boot was way to small and that I would never even get my foot into it, then heat molding it, to being a perfect fit and being super comfortable - blows my mind.

• Baller

Anyone interested in trading an Edge XXL for a Super shell XL? I am between the upper end of the XL and the lower of the XXL (10 vs 12). I went with the XXL in the Edge/HO but the Super Shell just fits my skiing better. The Reflex was too big in the XXL but just barely big enough in the XL. The Edge/HO is less than two months old.

I am also considering removing the forward mating surface, using only the front strap and heel cup. Has anyone done this? I heard Will Asher is using some modification like that, but that guy modifies everything. I'm not really looking to replicate anything but the feel I get in the super shell.