When to move bindings back?

OSSKI

• Baller

Towards the end of last season i started struggling turning as the water got cold. Rather than playing with the fin, i moved my bindings forward one hole and the improvement was enormous from the first set, reversing a couple of weeks of increasingly bad scores.

A few weeks in to the new season now, I'm wondering what the signs are to know when to move bindings back to original place? That set up had felt fantastic before, it just seemed to stop working as the water got really cold - but I'm sure the time will come to move back soon.

If it's relevant, ski is a 66" Vapour, Strada front and toe loop. Running 22 down to a few buoys at 35 off.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

www.swervetracker.com

• Baller
@Oskki In general terms, setups that work in cold water usually transition into warm water much better than the other way around. So if you liked the forward binding move in cold water, it will very likely be what works best in warm water too. Couple that with the fact that the 2016 and 2017 Vapors love having their bindings forward. From what I've seen, the majority of good skiers on these Vapors are a full 1/4" forward of stock.