How often do you check your fin settings

disland

• Baller

I check the length every day. If it changes then probably the depth has also changed. I always make sure that the fin clamp is tightening down on the fin and not the set screws. Easy test...tighten side screws and then see if set screws will turn fairly easily, if they do then 99% probability that fin clamp is working properly.

• Baller
@Gar go ski with the likes of Lucky Lowe, Terry Winter, or another Pro who is willing to help, maybe somebody who skis in close proximity, might have the knowledge, they need to see you skiing and what the ski is doing, once you have the numbers, write them down, buy yourself a good digital caliper, then there is no reason why you cannot make fine adjustments or check the fin yourself

• Baller
Well my ski partner for years was one of the best but he gave it up! So I'll admit I've been lazy in not getting a caliper and doing it myself. I have access fortunately to really great skiers who have helped me. So once they move it and it feels good, I try and work on the are between my ears!!

• Baller
Daily when testing, but never in between tests. I know my fin block is set up properly, that I tighten it enough, and that I always handle my ski carefully. But I remove the fin altogether for air travel.

• Baller
Since switching to the new Nano if I notice that my fin is still in the ski then I'm going to have a decent set. :smiley: But seriously since the initial dial in I've only checked the fin once and that was to confirm and share the numbers with @bkreis

• Baller_

Was not happy today with the way the ski was coming around. Changed length and depth...no measuring just turned some set screws and then this happened. I may have to measure now cause it's coming around nicely. fijq94i9dxr8.png

• Baller_
@Zman unless you have a Denali, I suspect my numbers will be meaningless. That.. and I have no idea. Didn't have time to measure before I had to head back to work. Playing with a different wing as well (little science behind it). I'll measure before next set. :)