Reflex 750 spring

Cam

• Baller

I took a pretty bad fall last week due to a pre-release from my reflex binding, I checked my release settings and needed 2 turns on the screw to get set up properly but this took the setting to 9 way above my normal setting, so I stripped down the release to check the spring and found it to be broken in 3 places.

I didn't expect this after only 9 months of use as I previously used 404s for 15 years and never had a spring break.

I contacted Reflex and they immediately sent me out a new spring but I am posting this to show it can happen and hope everyone will check their springs more often and avoid some nasty crashes.6g1w1rjmqa70.jpg

• Baller

Not hard at all. Just push the pin out of the plastic clip that holds the spring loaded top cap, back down the tension screw until it backs out completely. The only thing to watch is that top cap spring. It can be a pain to get back in the right way.

After the 500, they started using stainless springs, I thought. I guess not.

I take mine out and grease it, I think I may do that again tomorrow after seeing yours

• Baller
I was under the impression when I bought the 750 that all the internals were stainless steel but looking on their website it is only the screw but the spring should have an upgraded coating.

• Baller

@John Brooks if you look down inside the body you will see the arms that hold the nut you screw into have expanded and the spring won't go over it, if you pull the body towards you the arms will close and you can push the spring over it, any problems pm me and I will take some pics of how to do it.

@aupatking you don't have to pop any pins just pull back the top cap and the spring will come out

• Baller
The new upgraded spring holds better than any previous ones. Completely rust free even after a year's use. If your release has the steel screw and you haven't used grease when it was new it might be impossible to change the spring. Now they also put an upgraded but made of stainless steel and put a lot of grease from factory.

• Administrators

Hey guys I am a little uncomfortable with this thread. I am unaware that Reflex has ever recommend disassembling the release. The failure that @Cam had would freak me out and I am not discounting it at all.

As I understand the mechanism I do not understand what grease would do except maybe stop corrosion.

So if you disassemble our release, reassemble it and then get tragically hurt skiing as a result I do not want to hear about it. Actually your lawyers can call but there is nothing for them to take.