196 Cover

Horton

• Baller

I have a coversports cover for my 196, works well for me since I mostly use it while trailering and then for two weeks every summer docked on the lake for vacation.

If you primarily moor it or have it at the dock all summer, I would go with skiboatcovers like @Than_Bogan has given I think it will shed water better with the pole supports.

I also had one of the factory commercial sewing covers, which is similar in design to coversports, but sent it back since the coating was defective and leaked like a sieve!

@Horton - I'd say to not go with coversports as I had one of their covers that turned my upholstery black because of excessive heat inside the boat. No vents on their covers.

I had a long road with this with my 08' and the best cover (if you can find one) is the factory cover made by Commercial Sewing. This is the same people who make the 200 Nautique cover. It has a ratchet system and is hands down the best cover! I used it on the boat all the way from CO to FL, 1900 miles and it didn't leave a single scratch on my boat also it drum tight so rain just rolls off. Also has vents!

I got mine from Dave Hendricks @ Nautique. Part number #90310

(407) 956-6477.

Good luck! BTW, it's not cheap but sure you can get a good deal.

• Baller

My cover does have vents - you just have to add them when you order.

My exp. with Commerical Sewing was probably an anomaly - their customer service was excellent and it looks like the covers have improved over the 7 years since I had one. The other issue I had with this cover was it didn't have any protection in the front to prevent my trailers crash pads from chewing it up. Notice the CoverSports cover has a beefy section of ballistic nylon on the nose.

One drawback to the skiboatcover is it appears you have to use the tie-downs on the side to trailer with the cover on.

vn342l0yuv5h.png

• Baller
Off topic, but what do you guys know about "pinky". Apparently it's a mold or fungus that is sorta pink in color. Has nothing to do with being under a cover, or so I'm told. High humidity areas are prone to it. You'd think all lakes would be high humidity, but it's mostly in Florida. They say it goes away sitting out in the sun.

• Baller
I had heard of a SN 200 with the "issue". I highlight the word issue because my wife and I have a joke about the use of that word. It comes from someone saying "he has alcohol issues". No, he has a alcohol problem, he's a fricking drunk. Consequently I would call the vinyl thing a problem.

• Baller

I also need a cover for my TSC3 196. I called Brent at CoverSports and I can get one made from him for $740 shipped. To get a Commercial Sewing cover the cheapest dealer I found was $1300 + shipping. Neither Nautique or Commercial Sewing would work directly with me.

That is a huge difference for me. I had a CoverSports cover on my TSC1 boat with zero issues, but I also like the look and feel of the Commercial Sewing cover better, but definitely not $600 better.

It looks like those are the only two players in the game for trailerable covers that don't require poles or straps. Every other cover I can find either requires poles or straps to the trailer - I have no interest in either of those things.