Site advertisers

• Baller

Code redemption is one thing when it is by choice and it is not usually continuous @"Keith Menard" but being indirectly forced to discount products continually to coincide with advertising is another (to appease ballers and deter negativity on site for opting out). It is a good scenario for Ballers but not pleasing to advertisers.

For example lets say @Horton starts this and advertisers feel "obligated" or "pressured" to offer a discount just because you are a BOS member, for smaller advertisers it is a deterrent to advertise here. Do you think @SkiJay and his fin whisperer book is going to want to offer a discount when there is zero margin in the book? So he may say well "I don't want to be ostracized by the Ballers for not offering a discount so I will not advertise on the site. No income for BOS...Advertisers keep this site running, not Ballers. Pretty sure this site would not be what it is today without them, Baller content or not...

I could go on with a ton of "why nots" but a large % of the Ballers will be all for a discount "because I am a baller" with a entitled one sided view.

I apologize to @SkiJay for using him as an example and in no way am insinuating he would/would not offer a discount or insinuate anything about him in a negative way in regards to his character or business decisions.

let the "dislikes" begin lol

• Baller

Sure a list of advertisers is a great idea versus whatever happen stance ad is playing on the page. Ok I want to support, meaning, "i want gloves" then I scroll through advertisers and click through 2-3 companies who probably carry them then i order them. Ideal!

A discount just for being a site sponsor, thumbs down. I agree with SkiJay.

Waterskiers are the wealthiest cheapest SOB's i've ever met. To hell with that.

• Baller

I am way more likely to be loyal to a company that offers members discounts. I would also help them out by referring family and friends. Discounts should be reasonable, fair, and not forced on them.

I am far from a rich ski sob!!!!