Bungee cord and subs

EFW

• Baller

My subs are 6' deep. ( to keep the idiots from screwing w/them ) Would you go w/4" of bungee? Is 50% stretch the norm or too conservative. I.E.' 1'=1.5', 2'=3', 4"=6"

Thanks

• Baller

The Chinese fingers work great, but if you pull them all the down they are a pain to loosen. I use a screw driver at the base of the loop and just pull like hell until you get them a little loosened. The plastic chain is a great idea for a quick little adjustment. I've never heard of that.

• Baller

The plastic chain works great, just added it a course here. Just make all the bungy the same on each buoy and hook into the appropriate link. Jerry Jackson suggested it to me... And the chain floats, so easy to find.

Except that I put the chain above the sub and bungy on the buoy with a hook. The sub should not be 6' deep, too hard to find. You want to be able to touch the sub when swimming/treading water.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
@Mark_Matis , I believe Chad and Becky put the plastic chains on a few years ago. However, with the help of the Clemson water ski team, we converted all 26 buoys to shock tube this spring. With the fluctuating water levels, no one was adjusting the course, so the shock tube should help this a bit.

• Baller
Guys thanks for your advice and suggestions. I appreciate all of it but I am under severe time constraints. Usually away from the house about 77 hrs/wk. It looks like 4' of bungee. I use those stainless long line snaps from ATLANTIC. 2' subs would be nice but I can't trust the locals. It's easier to dive and hunt than to replace a sub. But really thanks.