New Carbon Pro replacement or model info yet?

bigskieridaho

• Baller
Don't pile on me or throw rocks at me, but I heard a rumor that there won't be a 2018 Carbon Pro. That there won't be anymore of them. Again probably an unfounded rumor, based on @Horton 's comment above.

• Baller
@ntx @Horton yep that's what you were saying the last time this subject came up. My wife was just saying the other day that she still loves the CP and maybe one day there will be an OB so it will work for us. Wonder what it will be called? Supreme Carbon Pro doesn't sound right....

• Baller
I wonder why they would rebrand it under Supreme? More and more people are skiing the Carbon Pro every year and its now getting to the point that people will a buy a Carbon Pro instead of the other 3 brands. And now they want to put it under a different name? Doesn't make sense to me because I would think some people are going to think they discontinued it.

• Baller
Well as a stretch, but still perhaps a basis for the rumor. In a manner of speaking CarbonPro will cease to exist, if it gets rebranded. Maybe no malice on anyone's part, just misunderstanding.

• Administrators

The product name CarbonPro will be retained. The decision to change the branding from Centurion to Supreme is all about marketing strategy. I can't exactly explain the logic but Fineline who is the parent company believe the boat will be more successful under the Supreme brand.

In the end the boat will be built in the same factory by the same people with the same processes. The 2018 boat is expected to have the same driving and skiing attributes but with a more broad appeal amenities on the inside ( or something like that).

• Baller

Holy Cow, this is a huge deal!!! A carbon pro with the possibility of open bow means that even guys with a family have a chance at skiing on a boat that is less than 20 years old without going broke!!!

I wonder if they are going to make it ugly like all the supreme wakeboard boats the same way CC is supposedly about to make the 200 ugly like the GS20. If so, that would leave MC all alone with the only ski boat that isn't hideous.

Still, hideous or not, if it's at the supreme type price point and it has open bow, that boat is legitimately on my radar. Now I can't wait for 60-90 days!!

• Baller
Open bow and closed bow, or just open? I don't understand re-branding it as a Supreme, as my memory of Ski Supremes is certainly not going to sway me to buy one. In a short time, they have gained a ton of credibility as the Centurion Carbon Pro- I'm not the branding guru in my family, but it seems like a step backwards.

• Baller
What if the price goes down by transferring some of the components from the other models that exist now in the Supreme line? What would be a good price point for a REAL BARE BONES boat with shared components? We all complain about the cost of the big three, but at the same time, complain about the cheap looking interiors of the other options. We cant have it both ways.

• Baller

@Live2ski I agree and don't know the answer. See @Horton post above. I do believe that the resale value of the boats from the last few years will take a huge hit. Keep in mind that well before your time,

(early 80's to early 90's) Supreme had very good name recognition.

• Baller

Interesting.

I have a 6.0 Carbon Pro and absolutely love it. My wife does also. For us the wakes are unsurpassed.

I have experience as a dealer from some years past with Nautique, Mastercraft, and Centurion.

For my wife especially the Centurion wake experience carried the day. The Carbon Pro gives me what we like without a bunch we do not need. It is a ski boat and a great one plain and simple.

The boat is is not as well known but it delivers what it was designed to do which is not an all around her, but purpose built ski boat.

We also have a bow rider at the dock; a design with some have family benefits for many.

Over all I have probably used roughly 60 plus tournament boats from the three companies in various years as a primary boat. We switched are personal boat often.

But for us the Carbon Pro is our all time favorite. If it's at the end of its run then for us it's time the Centurion Carbon Pro became a cult boat starting today with us. This is the boat we will keep.

• Baller_

IMO a more concerning statement is "more broad appeal amenities" which more times than not translates to higher MSRP.

For my buying criteria, the brand identity will rest in wake performance, followed by a whole bunch of other criteria before I worry about what the name on the side of the boat says. I am sure the brand marketers cringe at that.

• Baller
The brand switch might also make it easier for them to let smaller dealers in a market who care about ski boats handle the Supreme line while the Centurion dealers can continue to be more interested in selling $130K + wake boats. The CP seems to fit in better with the entry level Supreme wake boats than the rest of the expensive centurion line.

• Baller
I really like the design and look of the CP. If they are just rebranding it and adding an open bow and not changing the look go for it. Seems like auto and boat manufactures have to keep changing everything all the time. Honestly none of us need a boat or car that looks like a morphed spaceship. Hopefully they don't completely ruin it.

• Baller

Seems like they're running off data from one market survey, that said what they wanted it to. Many good points, including effecting current CP prices, promo owners, etc. don't seem to be considered, eluding to little short-mid term concern, care, or overall understanding.

Only Supreme dealers I know of are long running CC dealers.

• Administrators
A lot of you guys are jumping to conclusions and being negative about a boat that no one has seen. The original CarbonPro is a fantastic product why don't you guys wait to see the new product before you get all freaked out.

• Baller
Having owned several Centurions I am sad to see the Centurion brand leave skiing. But I understand that CCH needs to fine tune their offerings so they don't compete against themselves. Moving the Carbon Pro to Supreme makes sense for that reason and if the rumors of a similar running surface with an optional open bow and other "plug and play" options are true. I am excited to see the S-CP 2.0.

• Administrators
@RAWSki what I expect to see is the exact same boat from the water line down and a more spacious interior with an open bow. If you look at the current boat you'll see they're going to have to do some work to make room for the open bow. The distance from the prop to the pylon is likely going to be identical so the major dimensional changes will have to happen from the pylon forward. Granted these are all assumptions not actual inside information.

• Baller

@Horton " @ntx 93 Supreme was a great boat. Think my longest practice jumps ever were behind that boat." I agree, the 92-93 CS hull was a very good hull. Great slalom wake, tracked great. It was actually the first time the backwards step was used in a ski boat design. Mark McNeil designed that hull, later the Toyota hull with the backwards steps, which we see on the 200 now. The downside, both then and now, is the additional horsepower required to push them. My 92 Supreme CS was the only one to successfully pull a regionals (after I gave the boat a lot of tweaking and swapped out the first 285 pro boss for a stronger one PCM shipped to me). The following year, they sent a boat to the boat test with a green 260 Mercruiser and it flunked the acceleration test, ending the long run of Supremes as promo boats.

• Baller

I see the Centurion Carbon Pro as a purpose built boat designed and built for the end user; not for Dealers. It was of course designed before CC acquired Centurion and with Centurion CC also got Supeme.

Centurion built the Carbon Pro to produce exactly what it is and generally priced it so as to not produce much margin for dealers. It was about building a ski boat the way Centurion thought it should be done. It was not about building a profit maker for dealers. Centurions profit focus was clearly elsewhere. Skiers who got Carbon Pros and the sport benefited but as designed and priced it was not a high margin hot item for dealers.

Carbon Pros were in my estimation not that easy to find at the dealers.

There may now be some refocus on purpose and dealers with Supreme, but hopefully it will be a great boat. it certainly could and I think should be given the boat from which there starting.

• Baller_
@oldjeep, it is hard to find a direct drive at the local MasterCraft dealer, too. I heard he sold something like 5 Prostars in the last month. So, the stock might be depleted or low for the time being.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Excited to see the new boat. If it skis as well as our 2016, I couldn't care less if it says Centurion or Supreme on the dash. All 4 manufacturers supporting three event skiing should be commended for continuing to innovate in a very small market.

• Baller_
What I was told at the Orlando Boat show by a SkiSupreme rep from Cal is that the replacement never got past a CAD drawing and was tabled. My opinion by looking at his body language and tone of voice was... most likely indefinitely. He also started telling me how great of a ski boat the wakeboat was we sere leaning on.