New Carbon Pro replacement or model info yet?

bigskieridaho

• Baller

The 2018 is approved to keep the door open for the new model. This way the promo team can still utilize the 2017s in events over 2018.

The program has been significantly delayed and it does not sound like there will be a new boat this year. Complications in R&D, timing, budgets and other business issues, ALL within Fineline, led to the carefully made decision. Managment through the CEO we disappointed and want it to happen. Next progressive steps unclear in the short term.

• Baller
@wish, not exactly the reason. I know the detail and not sure Fineline wants/needs to share all the nitty gritty of their business decisions with the curious public. As much as I want this boat, the business process is solid and understandable. Overall it doesn’t matter, I just look forward to the program getting back on track hopefully for the 2019 season

• Baller_
@bishop8950 as mentioned, it was not the Supreme rep but rather an individual speaking to boat manufacturing as a whole with reg to tournament boats. I was disappointed to hear the CP was tabled. And more so to hear MFG slots would be better utilized for wake boats.

• Baller

@Wish no worries. Sometimes I am shocked at the amount of misinformation out there from what seem like reliable sources.

On boat manufacturing, one of the biggest objectives with the new CP is to lower its manufacturing cost by streamlining the production process so it spends less time on the floor. This will better enable it to compete with wake slots. The current process is the original one and never optimized. I love this because instead of just running up the price or scratching the program they are working to bring the cost down so the CP is sustainable. Keep it up Fineline.

• Baller
The budget for this 2018 only included the new, lower cost process. When the new boat plan got delayed it threw everything off. Making more of the original boat negatively impacted some critical internal goals vs plan. They were really bummed but sometimes you have to make tough calls.

• Administrators

@bishop8950 I've long since stopped trying to promote reality. Just tell everybody the new boat is coming and they will be happier.

I'm also going to start telling everybody that Nautique is bringing back the 196.

From my perspective it's a lot like watching "Peppa Pig" with my three-and-a-half-year-old while I feed her bacon.

• Baller

Yes, the 196 will be released on April 1st. It will be extended and widened though, no longer being the TSC but a modification thereof. Total Redesign Extended Control Surface.

The T-RECS will be available with a 2 cylinder diesel Kubota engine, offered only in brown “Bassmaster” metalflake, and come standard with a solid 8 foot pylon, known as “the stripper pole”.

Open bow optional

• Baller
Geez Louise you guys are ruthless. I thought BOS was a place where ballers could share little nuggets they hear from dealers or other reputable sources? In this recent instance, maybe Supreme is to blame for not pulling the ad, versus passively saying the poster is delusional. I know you guys are fun'in a little too, but don't scare people out of posting something that some of us may be interested in. Rant over:)

• Administrators
@swc5150 I am making fun because guys like @bishop8950 are legitimately in the know and have explained what is going on but no one seems to listen. The truth is that the Carbon Pro project is not officially dead but as far as anyone knows the Supreme Carbon Pro project is on a back burner. The Mag advertising had been paid for before the wheels fell off the project.

• Baller

@swc5150 no disrespect to Supreme, their parent company or any Baller who shared about the CP. It is disrespectful to make sarcastic jokes on a serious discussion but once the new was released that it’s going to be a while then it was open season on this thread.

When the new Carbon Pro is released if they are able to keep costs down and still make a decent product I will be very interested. We already know the wake will be good.

• Baller
@swc5150 and @Bill22, I see both perspectives on this, but it seems that people tend to get out of hand on the jokes lately to me when in reality we are all looking for answers on when we might see the product. The same thing I wondered when I started this thread:) I loved the CP and just needed an open bow at the time, so maybe when they decide to surprise us with something I will have another boat to consider in the future. Until then I will enjoy my Malibu, and you guys enjoy your MC’s, Nautique, Malibus, or whatever you are ripping behind......

• Administrators
@Bill22 after people who are in the know answer the question and the question has been asked and answered again and again a number of times it is a farce.

• Baller

@Horton 130k?

@bishop8950 I’m sure I’m not alone saying, l appreciate the real info. But when people talk about rerelease of the 196, it generally sends me to sarcasm mode. I loved mine, but if you’ve owned a current hull, you know just how out of date the 196 is.

I’m looking forward to the Supreme Carbon Pro. I’m saving my $130k.

Will probably need it for this guys college.

b860oj39xu2s.jpeg

• Administrators
@aupatking boat pricing is always murky & mysterious. I would laugh if some actually paid that but I do know Baller who was quoted that amount by dealership last week.

• Baller

This is a good time to recall a conversation between Ryan Dodd and a manager at Correct Craft (name?) about BallofSpray and boat rumors on the internet. The following is from the 2017 California ProAm webcast.

Disclaimer: This is a paraphrase but is relatively close to the actual interview. We will call the CC guy Joe.

Ryan: Joe, is there anything new you can share with us about the future of the 200???

CC: Well Ryan, there is a lot of stuff out there on the internet. At Correct Craft we read the forums like everyone else and some of it is pretty entertaining. People are saying all kinds of stuff. At CC we are always working on “new stuff” (insert sales jargon). What I can tell you about the future of the 200 is.... LOOK here comes a skier into the course.

(Skier runs a pass)

Ryan: Joe, Thank you for stopping by to talking to us about Correct Craft and for sponsoring 3 event waterskiing.

Joe: Bye Ryan have a good day.

• Baller_
That is a shame, more choices particularly when adding to the purchase price spectrum is a good thing for the consumer. Seems like the whole low cost for a new ski tug market simply is not viable from a business perspective (to supply a 3 event competitive entry). On the flip side, that is probably good for the used marketplace seller.

• Administrators
@dchristman I'm not exactly sure what joke you're telling but I did just got off the phone with somebody that suggested that the Carbon Pros may be seen at tournaments in the next few years. It's a great product it really is sad to see that the project did not stick.