Stargazer 3 event issues.

kcross

My good friend purchased the newest version of stargazer 3 event this year for his 1994 prostar, but we have not been able to get it work well at all. It will put you in the course way hot if you don't back the speed way off. I have to base everything off of my RPM's if I want to get the skier going through the fifties at the right speed. The system will take over and then it will be all of over the place I would say it varies by about two miles per hour on average and usually doesn't really kick in until the skier is around one ball already. sometimes the system will loose GPS and just completely shut the cruise control off. we have calibrated RPM's, We let it go through its auto calibration, and mapped the course. Anyone have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

• Baller

Double check your servo is working properly... do the linkage test here.

Also, double check your crew weight and skier weight settings are set properly.

One time I was doing a "no skier timing" check just to test for course times, and then forgot to set a skier weight when pulling a skier. It was all over the place until we set the skier weight to N. (normal)

You have the latest version 9 stargazer?

IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 902 Solid Baller

10:30AM

are you on a short setup?

I don't know what the setup is he set up. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to how it was set up. I will ask him next time we will be going out Thursday night again.

Thanks for your help guys. I just really want to get it figured out so I can see how I am skiing for the next tournament. that linkage test looks promising because that is exactly what it is doing. it continues to go faster after it beeps and then it will abruptly slow down.

• Baller

Definitely check the version because in ver. 8 when you run a calibration pass it is not saved unless you go to a different screen and click save.

PP has good customer support. Check the basics, run a calibration, if you still have trouble send them an email or call.

• Baller
We installed it on 2 older boats 96 master craft and 94 ski natique it took us a whole summer to get them right. After your sure all tests are good you will need to work with the background settings. Both of these boats run within a couple of thousandths ball to ball.

• Baller
Yes I heard that same thing with version 8 If you get a hard hit at 2 runaway at 3 It will be background settings. If the thing doesn't run real close ball to ball it will feel awful. Something to keep in mind while you verify the obvious.

• Baller

Try adjusting background settings.

Third post down in the below link will help. I have similar issues and have to train my drivers a bit. You can not leave the boat at full throttle on a short setup. Pull back after the skier is up and put the throttle just past where it woukd be if you were driving by hand. I had to slowdown 1 ball a bit and boost 3 ball to get the boat to feel right and have good ball times at all 6 balls.

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discutssion/15596/new-stargazer-install-inconsistent/p2