Results of no kill switch lanyard...and too many IPA's

Gloersen

• Baller

It gets really crazy at 5:15.

First, I pray everyone who was injured makes a full recovery. Second, I assume those are police or park rangers in the small boat with the outboard? What in the heck were they thinking getting that close in a small boat! They could have all been killed.

• Baller
The article says they were law enforcement and that they tossed a rope into the prop and then ultimately got on a jet ski and boarded once the boat slowed enough. Trying to jump onto that boat at full speed woul have been nuts.

• Baller
The first time the boat hit the pier it straightened out for a second or two and went way wide before going back to a tight circle. Those guys in the outboard were sitting there watching when that happened. As it circled in and hit the pier a second time the small outboard was right where the boat had gone the previous time. Surprise! It went there again and they got hit. Lucky it was a glancing blow.

• Baller
One of the local news stations identified the boat as Correct Craft Ski Nautique. Obviously wrong. It may be a Correct Craft, but it's a larger boat and must be a v-drive as it was circling clockwise. I don't know much about v-drives, but that boat is obviously not the same prop rotation as a Ski Nautique or it would circle counterclockwise. Now I say that assuming that nothing weird happened to the rudder or helm.