Nationals Schedule

jimbrake

• Baller

Saturday, Aug 12: Boys 3 Jump on Lake 1 at 8:00AM. Boys 3 Slalom on Lake 3 immediately after Boys 2 Slalom, which also starts at 8:00 AM. Can anyone associated with running nationals explain how that is going to work? I guess I hope there are a LOT of Boys 2 slalomers.

I see the same potential issue with Girls 3 jump and slalom.

• Baller

There generally more Boys 2 slalom skiers than Boys 3 jumpers. Just looking at ranking lists real quick there are 43 Boys 2 slalom skiers at level 8 and higher and only 23 Boys 3 jumpers at level 8 and higher so Boys 3 jump should be over well before Boys 2 slalom.

I seem to remember a similar schedule when my son skied Boys 2 a few years ago and it worked out and he had some rest between jump and slalom.

• Baller

FYI - currently there are 32 B2 slalom skiers.

With those numbers, B3 slalom shouldn't start before 11:15am.

B3 jump currently has 26 skiers and is projected to end around 11am.

To see Number of Skiers and Projected Duration of Division you can Use This Link.

Click on entry Status button for Nationals.

Select Type = Scheduling

Click on Display Report

• Baller

It's possibly a problem for the M1 overall skiers who are tricking Open. Could be possible to slalom and trick at the same time. We had two M1 overall ski Open tricks at Regionals.

It happened to me a few years ago. Caused a delay but they made sure I had enough time between rides.

The schedule cannot be set up to give any skier a disadvantage. The 30 minute interval assures fairness. But as a skier, make sure your equipment is in the right place and ready so you can use the time for recovery and focus instead of running around.

Eric