Anyone use the course on Watts Bar lake in TN

Fatroll

• Baller
I found one on Google Earth. Its between the peninsula and two islands, south south West of Goat Island. The image I have looks like some balls are missing, but I see some remnants. Do some Recon? and maybe bring some bouys? I will have a few when I go.

• Baller
I live south of Watts Bar on Chickamauga Lake. A few years ago I hunted down that Watts Bar course. When I found it, it was a loose floater with buoys missing in about five feet of water. It wasn't skiable at that time. The water conditions aren't bad for a public place to ski if the course was maintained.

• Baller

Just an FYI Weather can be cold at times in Late October in Tenn.

I am one of the owners of No Wake lake a private ski lake in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia just across the Tenn. line about 16 miles from downtown Chattanooga Tenn. This is about 50 60 miles from the Spring City/Watts Bar area. If any of you want to take a day and come to No Wake for a ski set or two let me know. My e-mail is tomjsmothers@aol.com. If you want to map quest the lake location the address is:

No Wake Inc. & No Wake Ski Club Inc.

3000 Battlefield Pkwy

Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742

Love to have any of you come ski if you have the time and weather is good.

oldmanskier.

• Baller
Follow up: The course is there and is skiable. It was mostly straight and in a decent location. The south shut down area was in about 3' of water with a lot of weeds, the north end was deeper though. It was a little windy yesterday, but my son took his first slalom set since nationals. I would suggest getting there early in the AM to avoid wind and other boat traffic.

• Baller

Follow up in case anyone in the future searches for Watts Barr: I skied the watts bar course yesterday and today. For a public course it is well protected, but the south drop zone is very shallow and short which makes the set up if heading north a very slight challenge but we figured it out. The course is completely intact (no 55s) which tells me someone local gives some TLC considering it is so late in the year.

The vibe of the overall lake is awesome.