What's Up with USGEAR?

RayB

I purchased a new $130 handle in September of 2015 which did not arrive until sometime in 2016 and has only been used about 10 times. Yesterday the super duper "Spectra" line failed in the middle of a set, not cut just pulled apart. I love the ergonomics of this handle, so despite my trepidation I tried to order a replacement. The USGEAR website is a hot mess. The Paypal link will not work and although it says you can pay with a credit card I have not been able to figure out how to do that either. The final straw, I called this morning and was forwarded to a phone that had no voice mail set up. Another dead end. Several of my ski buddies who liked this handle have tried to order them and they never show up, so they end up cancelling the orders out of frustration. I will not waste any more of my time with USGEAR.

• Administrators

You have a better chance ordering a new DeLorean or maybe an EP or Taperflex.

Just move to MasterLine. Call @perfski and they will ship you your new handle today.

• Baller
I really enjoyed the USGEAR products however they are no longer making their products.I now use and really enjoy INTOW products and Brenda is fantastic to work with.Give her a call and she will help you out.GREAT PRODUCTS.......GREAT SERVICE

• Baller
Last I heard from Randy Shoener at Masterline, they were working on re-introducing the ergo handles after some R&D and qaulity assurance measures were put into place. They had told me, in person while I was at ML, that they thought the handles might be out by July or August, after testing was complete. I am curious is they ditched the whole project.

• Baller

I suggested this in a thread last year...

With the acquisition of Eagle, this seems like an accessory that @Russell @mlusa ought to make. Some nice light-weight foam with a tough water repellent cover. It could be made to match your Eagle vest.

3tmytrvah5n0.jpg

It's not an arm guard - It's a handle float ;)

• Baller
I have been thinking about building my own this winter as my next project. Bending the aluminum is a no brainer and is easy. Little stymied by the rubber but am thinking golf grip should work, Just need to see how one is tied internally and source the plastic handle coverings. Really think this is doable. We will see.

• Baller
@thager , Randy Shoener at ML described to me the process and they put the rubber on first. They put in on a long run of aluminum tube stock, The rubber is way over sized on the OD. He said there was quite a trick to getting it to cure correctly and stay adhered to the aluminum. Then they bend it and grind the rubber down to size. Grinding the rubber is the other trick to it. You need the right equipment.

• Baller
@spicoli for such low precision application as a ski handle one could buy a clapped out old metal lathe, turn the bar between centers and strap a running angle grinder w flap disc on the tool post with a fast auto feed. Good shielding for all the dust and I'm sure a bathroom fan to pull out the smoke and shazaam.