A bad omen?

keithh2oskier

• Baller

Anyone ever get a new piece of gear and the first ride out something bad happened? That happened for me today.

Got a used GT in the mail this week and was all excited to ski all week. Battled traffic after work to get to the lake before the glare sets in. Get ready quick. Toss the kid and the wife in the boat. Go out, 3rd pass in. Dislocate my shoulder. FML.

Shoulder will be fine. Its nothing new. 3rd time in 2017 alone. But it really took the wind out of my sails. This ever happen to anyone else?

But the little one was all stoked to ski and went the almost 3 mile stretch of lake so its well worth it and it gave dad some extra time to drink that cold beer. wdcibmtitl4l.jpg

• Baller

@keithh2oskier same happened to me three weeks ago. First pass on brand new ski.... and ... bone fracture plus knee ligaments. Two weeks on crutches.

Ski was turning unexpectedly good! And I was not ready for this. For next month (or two) SUP will keep me closer to water ))

(CTI Brace is awesome, feels like no injury)

New equipment always needs some respect.

• Baller

last new ski I obtained first set open waterskiing on 28 - took 3 pulls to get up (1st bad omen) proceed to go OTF into the wakes off the first offside turn hard enough to blow the zipper open on my vest.

Didn't go back to the old ski - but took the rest of the weekend off.