Congratulations To Alabama Waterski Team

EricKelley

• Baller

5gqd4at8kk9u.jpg

63x2b0094230.png

Congratulations to Alabama and the rest of the ski teams competing at the Collegiate National Championships. It was a very impressive tournament. This is what is right in waterskiing. Alabama's skiers all skied well and dominated the team part of the jump event. They came very close in total points to the team with pro skiers. Congrats also to the announcers and Kelvin and the video crew who added a lot to the event. Jay and Ann did a great job hosting the event I don't think it could have been run better.

• Baller

You are absolutely right, that "This is what is right in waterskiing".

We need to figure out how to make all tournaments more like college tournaments. More ski teams made up of people willing to go out and put up their best 200 point trick run, or boost a big 30 foot jump. Those guys are having fun and are instrumental to their teams success.

College Skiing, and the Nats specifically is just the best thing going for skiing.

Good job U of Tuscaloosa

• Baller

@MickeyThompson Absolutely, my son Josh is a Senior there. But I would be happy to adopt any one of the kids on the team. Even Lyman.

They are all very good students who are actually on campus and not taking class(es) online.

@gregy They have a long history at Alabama. Doc, who was a Dean of Students at Alabama, for many years was the clubs advisor started the team and put lots of time and energy into the team. He was able to recruit and make tuition as affordable for skiers as possible. Tom is one fine southern gentleman that touched the lives of a lot of people. Lyman is also instrumental in Alabama's success as he allows the team to train at his world class facility in exchange for very little compensation. The club has been supported well by the University over the years. Courtney has been passed the torch as the faculty advisor and she is putting a lot of work into the club and doing a great job. Mmosely and Jazmine help a lot as well as Greg G.

They expect the Team members to walk the walk as serious athletes and as successful students. They have very good leadership on the Team.

• Baller
I graduated from Alabama in 2015 and I could not have asked for a better experience as a collegiate skier or just a normal skier for that matter. @LLUSA has an incredible site and was very accommodating to the team. From the time I started my freshman year to now the team has only continued to get better. Skiing aside it was also the best college experience you could ever have. And we have a pretty good football team too...