Radar Vector Bindings

vtmecheng

• Baller
Alright Ballers. I've told you about my otf that resulted in an ankle fracture, still healing and just now starting to migrate out of the boot. I had been using an old Obrien X9 and had it way too tight. Anyway, I picked up a Radar Vector on clearance and finally could move my ankle enough to try it on. Problem is, it's tight. I can't get my foot out unless the laces are completely loose. As you can imagine this is concerning for me. Can anyone confirm if the bindings will soften up to make it easier for my foot to come out or do I need to search for a different option? Thanks everyone.

I have a vector front and HRT rear. I've bad a few nasty falls this year and never felt any pain before release. I do leave it almost all the way loose though. I do think it has softened a bit since I got it.

Keep in mind this is my first non rubber boot and i have nothing really to compare with.

• Baller
@vtmecheng I used a vector front and rear toe plate for three years, and never had a problem with them releasing. I tightend the bottom and left the top relatively loose. They did soften up after 20 sets or so.

• Baller
This is kind of a repetitive thread subject so here ya go. Vectors seem to run small IMO. I was told to get one size up and heat mold. Fit perfect, and no problem with release when cinched up tight. You might want to see if they have a bigger size to exchange. Seen a few ankle injuries this year on both profiles and vectors that were the size smaller. Hope that’s help brotha!

• Baller
Its a good binding but there are potential issues with release / injury if you over tighten them, same with Radar Profile / Vapor and any other bungee release. If its a real problem then invest in the MOB system with a Profile / Vapor and you won't look back. I use the open toe Vector on the rear and it works well but I don't use the top laces. Risk reward investment is a personal choice...

• Baller

@vtmecheng I've been on vectors for two years, standard size and I wear a 9.5 shoe so would be in the middle of the spec. I found them hard to get on and use soap to make it easier. I have never had a problem coming out, I run the bottom lace tight and the top bungee snug on the front and the back is all loose.

Are you testing when they are wet? They come off much easier when in the lake.

• Baller
@bigskieridaho that's ok. Problem on the size is that I have a 13-14 foot size. I'm already in an XL. I may try a few other models just to be sure I get the best release. I'm fairly new to course skiing so want to try for a little lower cost until I'm into this sport more.