Malibu Echelon!!!

ThePantsManCan

• Baller

My small family is getting larger!! This Malibu echelon has served us well, but with two kids and wife that love Surfing, I have to budge at least a little. I'm looking to sell my boat for $7,500. Or conversely, I'd be happy to trade someone for a Malibu Sunsetter, Supra Saltare, or a Mastercraft Maristar 240.

I get it, I'm dreaming. But still, meh. Bad season to sell a boat, but what the heck? Hit the link!

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=44651

• Baller

I sent @ThePantsManCan an email about his boat.

I am not familiar with the older Indmar Monsoon motors or mid 90's Malibu's are their any parts(ECU, Dash Switches...) that are no longer available new?

From the same era I know ECU availability is an issue with PCM GT-40 motors and hoses are an issue with Indmar LT-1 motors.

• Baller
Hey I'm up! There are no issues with this boat mechanically. Parts availability for this Make/Model is no better or worse than any other boat of this age. (DOES NOT have the parts concerns a of an LT1 Motor)There was an old onboard computer thingy that did old school timing, depth, and a number of other functions, but most of those things wigged out and stopped functioning. This one is no different, sitting embedded in the dash not doing anything. It doesn't manage anything engine related.

• Baller

@thepantsmancan thanks for the prompt reply. I wasn’t implying something was mechanically wrong with the boat your selling.

Just trying to research this vintage Malibu. What parts are available for a 96 Indmar Monsoon. Can you get a replacement ECU, hoses, injectors, water and fuel pumps…? I didn’t find much searching online for this information.

I am less interested in the comparison with other EFI motors of that era. Your comment “Parts availability for this Make/Model is no better or worse than any other boat of this age. (DOES NOT have the parts concerns a of an LT1 Motor)” is contradictory. Share if you know about parts availability for an early Indmar Monsoon, versus the comparable an Indmar LT-1 or PCM GT-40?

• Baller
VTJC - I have a malibu with the monsoon. Fuel pump is available thru skidim or carter. I haven't had any issue getting parts (most of them are GM parts). The only part I'm aware of that could be an issue is the ECM. Last time I looked, ECM's were pricey. If I recall correctly, there was a thread on this site a few months ago about the GT40 ECM's having a similar issue as to availability.

• Baller
@ThePantsManCan very interested but I am in Toronto. Calling to check on duties and customs now. Not sure where in Penn you are but how close to Buffalo can you get? Even with the exchange rate this is a good deal for us up here. Hard to find these.

• Baller
@MuskokaKy Good call, I thought about buying this and importing it too. I imported 3 inboards between 2010 and 2013. There will be no duty/customs but you'll need to pay HST on a believable and documented sale price, both boat and trailer — you'll want separate bills of sale for both, and interestingly, they are much stricter about the trailer than the boat (you may need to fax the trailer docs to the US border to allow you to legally export it, etc.). You'll also face trailer inspection fees and licensing fees on both boat and trailer, obviously. It's getting a bit old, but this webpage is the one to study (including comments in recent years).

• Baller
@MuskokaKy I can get pretty close to Buffalo. Meeting somewhere about an hour south of there would work for me. I know literally nothing about title transfers for export situations. I'm afraid I wouldn't be any more help than handing you papers and saying thanks. Obviously I'd like to assist in any way I can, so I'll follow your lead.

• Baller
@ThePantsManCan I hear you about not wanting payments. In 2010 I traded my 2002 springer softail even for a 96 supra ts6m. Then this spring my buddy offered me a great deal on 2000 response lx for $13000 So I sold the supra this spring for $11000 and bought the response. Spring is your friend if you could wait.

• Baller
@andjules SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol i will be tempted to flip it as i know what i can get in our market May-July; the only thing is having two inboard dockside is a nice option. When the one is out for a cruise or at a neighbours visiting, i can still hit it. youre on my list for rip's when and if.